• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

good post.Well in high school I knew this one kid that liked martial arts.When I was talking with him he was talking about wanting to take up a style that let's you learn how to shoot fireballs out from your hands.As he was saying this,I thought,this watches too much Dragonball Z.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have read a story of the late Mas. Oyama being defeated by a taiji master, by yielding and avoiding Oyama's attacks.

Oyama was not used to losing - as far as I understand it happened very rarely - and he stayed with the Taiji master for some time to learn some of his art. Supposedly it is incorporated into Kyokushinkai, although I can't say where.

I have heard some say that if you take 1000 Taiji practitioners, 900 will be useless, 99 competent and 1 invincible. What are your opinions on this?

Either way, I hold Mas. Oyama in very high regard and I respect and admire any style and person able to defeat him.

The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence,

but in the mastery of his passions.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

I have heard some say that if you take 1000 Taiji practitioners, 900 will be useless, 99 competent and 1 invincible. What are your opinions on this?

My opinion on this is... there are too many unsubstantiated stories running around in the martial arts community. This guy beat that guy, this dog bit that cat... there's no proof... just claims. Because of this, i have to grab the skeptic's hat, and say that most of these stories were likely created as a means to 'lift' one style over another, or some such.

Anyway, Mas Oyama presented a few unsubstantiated stories of his own, such as the muay thai champion that he was alleged to have defeated. Unfortunately, nobody has been able to present evidence of this champion ever existing...

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

actually oyama and three of his best students went to thailand and fought four thaiboxers (no champs) and they one three of the four fights. when the got back from thailand they started useing lowkicks to the thigh more because they where impressed by there power. i cant give you and concrete proof but see kicks simaler to MT in the art makes me think its true.

Fist visible Strike invisible

humm depends on when you consider when Mr Oyama founded it either when he spent three years in the mountains or when he opeaned up his first school. either way its less than 80 years old

Fist visible Strike invisible

kyokushinkai karate was informally founded in 1956. He officially named it in 1961.

As to the story that is not verifiable, he allegedly fought a middleweight muay thai champion going by the name of "Black Cobra." No evidence supports this, and thus... as far as i'm concerned... it's just another urban legend.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro