• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I hope your right. I hear tai chi uses something called "Dim Mak" which is something like acupuncture. Is it effective? is there any scientific proof or evidence that it can work?

Careful, all the knowledge you are looking for is out there. However, if all u want to look for is how to hurt another, you wont get the best out of martial arts.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope your right. I hear tai chi uses something called "Dim Mak" which is something like acupuncture. Is it effective? is there any scientific proof or evidence that it can work?

I'm pretty sure Dim Mak, translated, means Death Touch. Doesn't really have anything to do with Acupuncture.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

dim mak does not translate to "death touch".

dim mak translates to point/press/point (acu/pressure) point.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

Ok, so I was wrong, It's often reffered to as the death touch do to its extreme lethality. http://www.martial-arts-info.com/i/dim_mak.gif

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

-Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Ok, so I was wrong, It's often reffered to as the death touch do to its extreme lethality.

no.

it is refered to as death touch because too many people don't know what it is and so end up spreading around things that are simply wrong and it gets taken to be truth, dim mak=death touch being one of them.

on the other hand, there are points that if you attack are suposed to be able to cause death. these points are called (roughly) "sei yuet" and is only a poetic name refering to a point weak enough that if you attack, can lead to their defeat. To say it causes death is too literal a translation of what is, as i said, a poetic term. In general, it can also be taken to mean a weak point in any aspect. For example, one of my "sei yuet" would be strawberry cheesecake ice cream.

in my opinion, this constant spread of the use of "death touch" is a result of the oft cited common disposition of people who don't want to actually work hard to get results and so believe in such things in the hope that it might work.

earth is the asylum of the universe where the inmates have taken over.

don't ask stupid questions and you won't get stupid answers.

in my opinion, this constant spread of the use of "death touch" is a result of the oft cited common disposition of people who don't want to actually work hard to get results and so believe in such things in the hope that it might work.

And truer words were never said. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/White_Warlock/www_MyEmoticons_com__thumbs_up.gif http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/White_Warlock/www_MyEmoticons_com__thumbs_up.gif

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Movies presented a good and a bad. They pushed out all this magic and mystique about the arts, including all the hokey stuff, because it makes for good cinematic action and intrigue. By doing this, they gave many people a mass of false information... and also, unrealistic expectations. On the flip side, they've succeeded in making martial arts one of the biggest, if not the biggest, theatre draw. That, in turn, means plenty more people are now interested in keeping these arts alive AND able to afford doing so.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro