• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Willie Williams

Charlie

The other day after our training session in the dojo was over, our sensei put on the movie/documentary, "Fighting Black Kings." While we were watching it, our sensei commented, "I wonder what these American fighters are doing now?" I subsequently searched around the Internet and saw that William Oliver passed-away this past Nov 2004. But I couldn't find anything on Willie Williams. Does anyone know what he or the other Americans in that movie are doing now?

In case you aren't familiar with it, "Fighting Black Kings" is a Japanese documentary, translated and dubbed into English, about the 1st All-World Karate Championship sponsored by Kyokushin-kai in 1975. The documentary spends a lot of time on the American delegation, prominently featuring Willie Williams and William Oliver.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Apparently he made appearances on Japanese professional wrestling (Puroresu) shows, as well as the now-defunct RINGS's MMA promotion. For how long in each I dont know. He also is a special character on Tekken Tag Tournament, and has fought Antonio Inoki. Not sure whether that was scripted though.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.