• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I just found out that my next assignment will take me to Denver.

Is anyone knowledgeable of the area to tell me what martial arts are offered in the area....

I know there will be many...BUT

is there anyone here that has studied at a good dojo or club or dojang or what not, or with a good instructor in Denver that can let me know what I should look for.....

I think it would be cool to meet someone from the forums when I go to my new assignment.....interesting.....

so let me know if anyone has studied there, what not to go to, bad instructors and good ones and so forth....

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I just found out that my next assignment will take me to Denver.

Is anyone knowledgeable of the area to tell me what martial arts are offered in the area....

I know there will be many...BUT

is there anyone here that has studied at a good dojo or club or dojang or what not, or with a good instructor in Denver that can let me know what I should look for.....

I think it would be cool to meet someone from the forums when I go to my new assignment.....interesting.....

so let me know if anyone has studied there, what not to go to, bad instructors and good ones and so forth....

What style of MA do you study?

Obviously, I'm partial to the ATA schools in the area, and I've trained with a couple of the instructors there that are pretty good. I've also had contact with a couple other instructors in different styles.

What style and what area of Denver will you be in? (I used to live there, and hopefully soon will again.)

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

Not sure exactly where we will be living....havent gotten a house or anything, just the assignment. When we get there, we will live in military temporary housing until we find a place, usually they give us roughly 2 wks to find a place.

as far as style, i've studied many, so i'm not too picky. Im not much of a fan of the tkd styles that are similar to olympic format or have the taeguk palgue forms....grrr.....I like the karate forms, and I also like the kung fu aspects. So Im a fan of all karates, tangsoodos, aikidos, and kungfus.....i dont think i want to do any grappling either. So, honestly I will check out any place that is good regardless of style....but of course i like the standup striking arts pretty well....but not kick boxing or muay thai.....I like something that has forms, and stuff.....lol

who knows, i dont know what I want....just curious on what is good in the area.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

I strongly urge you to check out Kyoshi Sean Riley. He teaches Shorinkan Shorin Ryu in Denver and is truly a high caliber martial artist. I've sent you a pm with his email address. I don't think you'll regret at least meeting him (he's pretty good). At any rate, if you are interested in Okinawan karate, he's definitely one to take it from. And he's a real nice guy too.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

For a real treat, you really must check out Mr. Bob Orlando.

For a walk on the wild side, visit Mr. Marc MacYoung, in Castle Rock, just south of Denver.

Between these two experts, you'll have more than you can handle for years to come!

Tell 'em the hippy from Canada sent you! :)

You're really in luck, the grandmaster/chief of Enshin Karate (the style I follow) is located in Denver. Kancho Joko Ninomiya's own dojo is in Denver. Also, several of his early students have started their own Enshin dojo in the Denver area. If interested please check out the website at:

http://www.enshin.com/index2.html

• 1 month later...

Homma sensi is suppose to have a good aikido dojo. I had a friend who trained at the Shaolin Center and he liked it. For Wun hop kune do, Art Dacascos, the younger brother of the founder of that branch of kajukenbo lives and teaches in Denver.

ichi-go ichi-e

一期一会

one encounter, one chance