• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

BJJ black belt in 3 and a half years?????

http://www.thegrapplingblueprint.com/?ovmkt=UJ6MT9HCDM7721BU6PR9CF5EKK

whats this? is this even possible by some magazine? im pretty sure this is one of those bad propagranda crap. what you guys think?

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ummmm,

Even if people do take the course successfully, I doubt their credibility compared to renound BJJ practitioners.

Id love to see A Gracie or Machado BB fight one of these BB,s on the mat. Seriously, it says this guy is a 2times world champ.

Looks more like propaganda or a simple training resource.

Cant say much more about it.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

The grappling blueprint... Ive heard of that.

Put basically, the guy who started the whole thing is Lloyd Irvin- and YES Lloyd Irvin knows his Jiu Jitsu and has fought successfully in many competitions.

Now, Lloyd did recieve his black belt with 3 1/2 years of training in BJJ, BUT he was an amazing Judoka prior to even starting BJJ, so it is a bit misleading. Its like Hidehiko Yoshida, Olympic Gold Medalist in Judo, starting BJJ and getting his black belt in a year- his previous training helped him out immensely.

Do I believe in the grappling blue print? I cant say for certain because Ive never seen it, but I dont think hes doing anything different than any other instructors are who are serious about their students. If you are dedicated to training (training ALOT no less) and you have a competent instructor, youll have success much quicker than the typical BJJ student.

Perhaps one of the reasons Lloyd Irvin is so popular is that besides being a quality instructor, hes got many schools and many affiliations throughout the East Coast, and they regularly rank in the top 3 competition teams in the US by NAGA ranking criteria.

I don't know about getting a bb in 3 1/2 years but a friend of mine hase this set, I think it is like 9dvds and a book and it is legit. I think it doesn't give you moves so much as it helps you pick your game. I agree with Subgrappler.

Josh Koscheck the human blanket

The grappling blueprint... Ive heard of that.

Put basically, the guy who started the whole thing is Lloyd Irvin- and YES Lloyd Irvin knows his Jiu Jitsu and has fought successfully in many competitions.

Now, Lloyd did recieve his black belt with 3 1/2 years of training in BJJ, BUT he was an amazing Judoka prior to even starting BJJ, so it is a bit misleading. Its like Hidehiko Yoshida, Olympic Gold Medalist in Judo, starting BJJ and getting his black belt in a year- his previous training helped him out immensely.

Do I believe in the grappling blue print? I cant say for certain because Ive never seen it, but I dont think hes doing anything different than any other instructors are who are serious about their students. If you are dedicated to training (training ALOT no less) and you have a competent instructor, youll have success much quicker than the typical BJJ student.

Perhaps one of the reasons Lloyd Irvin is so popular is that besides being a quality instructor, hes got many schools and many affiliations throughout the East Coast, and they regularly rank in the top 3 competition teams in the US by NAGA ranking criteria.

Very informative,

And that definantly puts a different perspective on the matter.

Thanks for the info. :)

Cheers.

Wow, an ad promising the impossible.

Yea, you'd have to be so dedicated and put in so much time every day and work so hard to earn a back belt in BJJ in only three years... I wish I had that kind of time or natural skill (or both). That's attending classes though. You know what you learn from DVDs and books without actually going to classes? NOTHING (but the wrong way to do things).

The real way to earn a black belt in BJJ in 3.5 years is to already have your brown belt, and work hard.

I have many dedicated BJJ friends and on average, they have trained about eight years (hardcore training) and none of them have their black belts. This may be a good course but the only way to be accepted as a black belt after such a short period would be to win a BJJ black belt competition and seeing IS believing.

What works works

Thats what I figured.

Ive always thought it took an immense time to get a BJJ black belt,

Even then, their not just given away.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

I have read that it takes a minimum of five years with to get a BJJ black belt. Five years with constant training. No summer breaks like some kids try to do at my dojo.

McNerny

A good technique is beautiful but a beautiful technique is not always good.

-Hirokazu Kanazawa