One year???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure, I got 2 guys who come 6 days a week....I'm not sure if it'll take them much time to get a belt, oh, many times the come twice a day, so....well....I might end up giving them a shodan in one year's time.

You can become a great fighter without ever becoming a martial artist, but no sir, you can not become a great martial artist with out becoming a great fighter. To fight is most certainly not the aim of any true martial art, but they are fighting arts all the same. As martial artists, we must stand ready to fight, even if hoping that such conflict never comes.

-My response to a fellow instructor, in a friendly debate

I'm not sure, I got 2 guys who come 6 days a week....I'm not sure if it'll take them much time to get a belt, oh, many times the come twice a day, so....well....I might end up giving them a shodan in one year's time.
do they have good technique?do they know all their stuff?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Are you giving them a belt, or are they earning it? To me there is a huge difference. If someone has worked hard, and deserves it they've earned it. If not, they were given it.

FYI, I ask this not to pick on you, but to show a point. IMHO, there are people who work for things and those who have things handed to them. As the last poster asked, do they have good form? I'll add, are they ready, and do they deserve it? If so, then great, if not, why would you promote them if they don't deserve it? Again, not to imply anything, just wanted to hear the logic.

I was a white belt for 3 years.......JESSS this kid has a black belt in one lol and under 14!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't even start getting the flow of the techniques and counters the first year at all. Getting over the fear factor dump, and learning to relax during a fight took me 4 years.

Anyways this is just another reason why the degrees in Black should be taken out.....A black belt is suppose to signify someone who is on the path of mastery or there. Any black belt that messes up alot, or fails at thier style in a RL fight or sparring should be stripped of it.

Reasons like giving a 14 year old girl a BB in one year are why the Unitedstates local citizens laugh when they hear you are a BB in anything.

Don't kid yourself.....I seen some of you talk of how being a BB will ward off a person........LMAO whatever.

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

I agree with Manabi......

I think that in any barroom, or gang turf if you say outloud you are a Black Belt for any reason it brings them in on you like flies to crap.

I am new here, and manabi said that he read where alot of people are claiming that if they tell an agressor they have a BB the agressor leaves..I would like to know where you people live at, because even though I am always positive and keep a open view on things , comments like those are just lies.

In any situations if you say you take MA or are a BB you usualy end up getting hit.

The idea of a 14 year old having anything over a green belt after a year shames the school in my opinon. What 14 year old boy or girl after 1 year can defend thierself against an adult attacker?

I do Karate and some other MMA

I love miniture dogs.

I hate olives, cheerleaders and telemarketers

if u tell somebody about your rank they will just laugh at u,they could care less if u were a grandmaster.Most likely the would sat,show me what u got and you end up fighting anyways.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu