One year???

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cousin just visited us. She's like 13 and she's been doing TKD for a year in Korea. She's already had the chance to test for Black belt! She didn't because she injured herself, but she's going to be testing when she goes back. Only 1 year of training? What do you think about that?
Thats pretty amazing. :o Is she really good? :karate:

KarateKid101

"The answers to life aren't in the back of the book"

- Charlie Brown

I don't share this bleak opinion as a black belt as insignificant. Like any colored belt, the siginificance lies in the sweat and blood paid for the belt. For example, I hold a yellow belt in Tang Soo do (never would have guessed it from my posts, wouldja? :)) I don't feel I earned that belt the same way I earned my Combat Hapkido yellow belt awhile back. When a earn my hapkido blackbelt, it will be siginificant, as it is the culmination of each of my colored belts, just as orange belt is the culmination of white and yellow belts, and green belt white, yellow, and orange.

A possible theory: McDojo's were handing out BBs. The black belts were getting beat up in street fights. When the students and other people asked their instructor why this was happening. Then the instructor gives some speil (Is that even a word?) about a blackbelt being only the beggining.

Did it happen exactly like that? Probably not. Was it kind of like this? I bet.

P.S. Tell a BJJ blackbelt that his BB is insignificant.

hehehe

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

her progress wil slow when she advanced through the dan grades it really doesnt mean a lot she may just be able to pick things up quick

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.

her progress wil slow when she advanced through the dan grades it really doesnt mean a lot she may just be able to pick things up quick
could be,but it's still too soon.isn't there a regulation in the organizations,that stops you from promoting that fast(unless it's a McDojang)?
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

Not really sure why I left...it was when I was rather young...I've seen a lot of TSD since then. My dojang has TSD classes as well (Before they were at a different school). I'm much happier with Combat Hapkido.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!

Not really sure why I left...it was when I was rather young...I've seen a lot of TSD since then. My dojang has TSD classes as well (Before they were at a different school). I'm much happier with Combat Hapkido.
If i was in your place I would of probably choose the Hapkido too.
https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

did she go there for practice only?

it's either ur cousin is good, or she bribed them, well either way she's good

hehe

Or it could be a total McDojo :P

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."