• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Gekisai

jnpnshr411

is gekasai the same as kanku dai or basai dai i think its one of them mabey????

No. As people have mentioned, the Gekisai kata are some of the more basic introductory kata.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like youre a Goju Ryu practitioner also,am I right?

yes

I should add that to my profile eh.....hum.....done.

and the childerns first kata are tiakiokogedan (not sure of spelling just quite yet)

KBear

"lick your wounds, anxious for the next ones"

well, i'm not sure. i'd ask my sensei but i'm not at my dojo anymore. though the adults learn tykiokogedan if they like.

For the kids it's just learnt before Gekisai.

KBear

sounds like youre a Goju Ryu practitioner also,am I right?

yes

I should add that to my profile eh.....hum.....done.

and the childerns first kata are tiakiokogedan (not sure of spelling just quite yet)

Taikyoku gedan?

I learned it once,but coincedentally I was the only adult in a group of begginers that was made up of 7 year olds.

We all learn it. It frustrates most everyone that there are minor variations that we have to practice again and again... it's irritating.

I personally liked taikyoku gedan. it helped with my shiko dachi and the disapline of staying low the whole time. i love the burn. good training.

i learned this kata the last few classes while i was still at my dojo. then of i believe there's other's to it, as instead of low block it'd be high or middle block. but didn't get much into that.

KBear

I don't know,I remeber it as to simple for me.Right now I'm mastering Saifa,and it's been pretty cool seeing as how the two other katas I have memorized are very similar.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

I don't know,I remeber it as to simple for me.Right now I'm mastering Saifa,and it's been pretty cool seeing as how the two other katas I have memorized are very similar.

yes, it's a very simple kata. but it's the basics involved within it that's what i like for good training.

staying in 'proper' shiko dachi the whole time, not rushing through, and not changing levels when taking a step...just goes for a good work out and training with the perfecting techniques.

does anyone else agree with me?

I believe that kata is my favorite training in karate. though sparring is really fun! and self-defence is vital for street. i have not been able to learn different kata's other than geki sai dai ichi, and ni. (and taikyokogeden) I have no desire to go further yet. there's always something more to learn, i do not know everything yet and am not yet satisfied.

Edited by Kara

KBear