• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

anyone play any sports outside of MA?

bigfish423

it is not physical but mental tiredness makes the body tired, i used to play blind with my friends and i remember after 2-3 games blind my whole body was weak,

do you still play often? i know once you love chess you can never forget about it, every time i go to NewOrleans i gotta play with those guys in french quarter,

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't played in a few years. It' sone of those things that once I start I really will get myself immersed in it and it'll detract from my other hobbies. Right now I have school and martial arts.

The last time I really played was when a guy at a local hobby shop was all cocky and he was playing like 3 guys at once. I watched for a bit and he said "you want some too? I'll play you." So I played him one on one and beat him pretty soundly. He said it was "beginner's luck" and asked for a rematch. I, again, beat him pretty soundly and let him know that underestimating someone is a pretty dumb thing to do...

cricket is a sport actually that i know nothing about..watched it a few times and thought it was a game that i couldnt understand by just flicking to espn lol

Cricket...ah now there's a top quality sport!!

I love cricket and used to play wicket keeper (similar to catcher in baseball).

I used to play hockey too (grass, not ice).

I'd love to start playing both hockey & cricket again, but I just can't fit anything else in. Certainly, not without giving up some MA training which I don't want to do.

These days my sports are just swimming and horseriding with the occasional game of squash and badminton. I don't get time for much else.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I play paintball, and am starting rugby and boxing.

There will always be the Jackie Chans and Jet Li's who will come along and dazzle us with their screen antics. But Bruce Lee was a seeker of knowledge, a true master of the fighting arts and philosophy.

My favourite sport and the one I practice most is ice hockey. I just love that game. This is the sport I am the most dedicated too. Don't understand why it's not more popular in the states it's such a fun sport to practice.

• 3 weeks later...

I do cross-country, which is definitly a great sport to get into. it isn't easy, an easy workout is running steady for an hour or more. however, it is excellent exercise and gives you lots and lots of endurance. not too great for building muscle, but it keeps me lean and fit. I would recommend this sport to anyone who needs excercise outside their MA classes.

This sport is basically running, and lots of it. if you don't want to be on a team or don't have one accessible, just go for a run. i really like trails more than roads, its prettier and more fun.

Destroy all that is evil, so that all that is good may flourish.