• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

does the number of members matter?

"Hehe no. He's in great shape. There are slow overweight ones? That's kind of strange since karate keeps you in shape"

yes theres slow overweight grandmasters.I've seen some in my day.I know that karate keeps u in shape,but it really isn't geared toward conditioning as much as boxing or other styles like those.

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a great place which I'm closest to joining. There are only 5 or so adults and a whole bunch of kids 15 and under. A few of the adults are local police officers, and the rest are red belts and green belts (TKD). The instructor said, if the class were to not have anyone my size that particular day, he or the other instructor would be my partner. To be honest I really like this place, location, price, his credentials, even the instructors personality..he seems like a really really nice guy, with only good intentions. Definately not trying to pressure me into anything, there are no contracts unless preferred (cheaper if you sign up for 6months/year), and told me I could go down there all week if I wanted to test it out, he said he's very flexible.

But in the short run/long run..will the students there pose a problem, perhaps slow down the learning process for me if I have to always have the instructor as a partner? I would think that would be the best case sinario, but someone on this forum said that could be a problem in my other post.

Thanks!

Look at it this way, Theres less people witch means more 1on 1 times witch mean you learn more, faster. In 2-3 months of serious training I have all the knowledges requirements to be a blue belt, hoping to learn one more kata and then I'll have the knowledge of a green belt..

I take my martial arts sincerely so trust me I eanred the right to have the knowledge.

It depends, if you like him, and the way he teaches then go for it. My sparring partner is the assistant instructor. I learn alot from him and it's a great deal of fun trying to bring him down or get him backed up lol.

Anyways it sounds preety good.

Needing to focus...