• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A good boxer will lose to a good kickboxer

So ironic... almost every1 claims a kickboxer will defeat a boxer...

Your arguments are sound (i.e. a kickboxer has a greater POTENTIAL arsenal of moves), BUT...

Consider this:

First: you've seen professional boxing and kickboxing matches, right? Can any of you claim that the kickboxers out there are as good in thir "boxing" part as pro boxers? I think not. In fact, every kickboxer I've seen (on TV and in real life) has the same problem: their attention during training is spread out among so many things that they inevitably end up inferrior in their old-school boxing technique to boxers with the same experience.

Second: Kicks are powerful, no doubt, but they have a serious drawback. They put the kicker off-balance, making him vulnerable to counter-attacks. Now, most of the fight takes place on a distance where a step forward would bring fighters into punching range, which means that the long-range value of kicks is greatly exagerated. In fact, with traditional boser's defense skills, he can engage kickboxer without any problem at all 99% of the time. Therefore, the kicks are not necessarily an advantage. A good boxer will make them kickboxer's disadvantage.

My opinion? It's all about a fighter, of course, but who of you will deny the we simply have a LOT MORE good boxers than kickboxers.

The blade is only silent until it cuts through your flesh.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there may be more good boxers in numbers but as a per capita i would say that there are way more crappy boxers.....remember boxers do not know how to defend kicks

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

Very well said OxygenAsh, Ive got to agree. Also, the huge ammounts of money at stake in professional boxing is bringing out what I consider to be the great warriors of our time, from accross the globe, and finding the best of them.

Many examples can be found of kickboxers crossing over to compete in amateur boxing, and vice versa. Does one discipline always dominate? No.

you got a point oygenash......the kickboxing circle does have alot of empty champions that really suck....

alot of kickboxers go pro when they shouldnt...

but i do know a few kickboxers that would take the average pro-boxer to school.........the thing with my coach is that he doesnt rush us........our coach makes us fight continuous before he gives us our first amatuer full contact fight......he did the same with me......but it was a little different with myself......after competing in continuous for about a year and a half he gave my my first full contact fight......usually he would make somebody get up in the ranks of the continuous circut and have them fight for a few titles and then put them into full contact.....that is primarily one of the reasons why kickboxers from my coaches team dominate in international competitions

You can boo me if you want, You know I'm right!

-Chris Rock

Thx for constructive replies, friends. Yes, indeed, it's very hard to make a judgement of who will kick who's ass since the two styles are so different (despite obvious similarities).

Perhaps in the future, they'll put more cross-style fights on the ring for us to prove our theories.

I still put my money on the kickboxer.

Being a kickboxer myself, I've fought boxers on the street and I think if it wasn't for my feet I would have lost. One of them had quicker hands than me, he was a smaller dude, but I just kept my distance so he couldn't hit me using my feet. Everytime he came forward, I would kick him a lead leg into the thigh. He had no idea what to do about my kicks, he got really frusrated, started calling me a girl and attempted some kicks himself which were futile. One of my feints was set up with a kick which sent him off balance and he ended up smashing his head against a metal rail which goes down the stairs to support people. He would have been so sore the next day!

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

bon you sound like a real hard knock, big it up

oxygenash, you mentioned that there are alot of good boxers than kickboxers

that is wrong, you only say that because of so much publicity that the boxers get, and how little kickboxers get, people who are not publicised as much, will train harder than the famous, kickboxers will train more than boxers

example, the naz and barrera fight, naz is publicised enuf, with his annoying big-headedness, and barrera not at all,

but who one the fight , barrera,

there will soon be a time when the famous boxers who believe in money more than the sport who will have to face kickboxers, who believe in the sport more than the money

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

On 2002-03-21 17:37, ad wrote:

bon you sound like a real hard knock, big it up

oxygenash, you mentioned that there are alot of good boxers than kickboxers

that is wrong, you only say that because of so much publicity that the boxers get, and how little kickboxers get, people who are not publicised as much, will train harder than the famous, kickboxers will train more than boxers

example, the naz and barrera fight, naz is publicised enuf, with his annoying big-headedness, and barrera not at all,

but who one the fight , barrera,

there will soon be a time when the famous boxers who believe in money more than the sport who will have to face kickboxers, who believe in the sport more than the money

Ad:

I understand your point that boxing seems so full of good fighters because there is a lot of $$$ in it. That is, of course true! I don't try to deny it.

However, as some of my friends who possess years of training and experience in MA and myself watch boxing and kickboxing fights, we inevitable conclude that kickboxers' hand-work - if I can put it this way - is just not on par with their boxer counterparts. Take a look at a good kickboxing fight and than watch Roy Jones Jn. There is just a tremendous difference in the quality of fighting and kickboxer ain't on top.

Also, some ppl here make an argument by bringing up how they did this and that. Well, I was boxing in the past and I had a fair share of kickboxers and tkd opponents. I always defeated them faster and easier than my fellow boxers by cutting distance right in the beginning and not letting them to retreat.

ox comparing anyone to roy jones jr is not fair

look at maurice smiths hand speed and tell he could not take out most heavyweight boxers

i understand what you are saying though jamming a kicker is one of the best ways to take away his legs

Honor is the most important thing a man has once you lose it it is gone forever

• 3 weeks later...