A good boxer will lose to a good kickboxer

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A kickboxer should be able to beet a boxer any day. A kickboxer can keep his distance, plus he is able to use his feet as well as his hands.

In boxing, there is only a few techniques to learn really. Then, you have to start mixing them up to get combo's, work on speed and eliminating uncessary movement. There isn't as much knowledge as kickboxing, you have all this plus your feet.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

I thought i read something about Don 'the Dragon' Wilson beating a world ranked bxer when kicking above the belt was allowed.

Don't know how true that is but all credit to him if he did. I think boxing is one of the over looked aspects of martial arts.

Bretty

I think who would win depends on who has the best strategy. From a distance of course the kickboxer is going to dominate, but if the boxer is able to get inside of the range of the kickboxer's kicks then more than likely he is going to have the advantage. The boxer is likely to have faster and harder punches than the kickboxer and may be able to deafet him at a close range.

My humble opinion...

"It is futile to argue as to which single leaf, which design of branches, or which attractive flower you like; when you understand the root you understand all of its blossoming." The Man, Bruce Lee

well if a good kickboxer could beat a good boxer thats because that have feet and they know how to use them so i would agree :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

It's funny though cuz even though it's called 'kickboxing', a lot of kickboxing (possibly even the majority of it, with most people) is punching (hooks, jabs, uppercuts, etc.). Kickboxing almost simply means that the legs and kicking is allowed to a lot of people. Efficient and good kickers should know that their hands are that much faster and have lots of potential, and that in order to train to become a good kickboxer you need to learn how to use your hands and develop them so that they become just as efficient as a boxer's. This works vice versa. Kickboxing means good boxing plus effective kicking, not half-assed boxing mixed with good kicking, or half-assed kicking mixed with good boxing. The leg training is added hard work. :smile:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

feet a stronger than hands, of course a kickboxer could beat a boxer,

though due to the major publicity of boxing, most people will feel that it is the other way around

[ This Message was edited by: ad on 2002-03-13 15:54 ]

Brown Sash Hsing I/Lau Gar Kung Fu

Brown Belt San Shou

17 yr old

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

A good kickboxer should be able to win out on this one in the same weight catagory. The kickboxer should have all the hand shots and blocks that the boxer has and then has the added advantage of wearing him down with kicks.