• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is there any "True" styles?

Very interesting points you've raised Warlock. Thanks for taking the time to acknowlege my rantings. You've given me quite a bit to think about ;)

"Question oneself, before you question others"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I mean any school can claim to teach but what if that school doesn't follow the typical training dogma or stereotypes? For example what if a Muay Thai school incorporated alot of groundword into their fighting? Or a BJJ school focused alot on point sparring or boxing drills? Are they still teaching the style, or just adding stuff to their classes?

My style was created out of nessesary combat and warfare and for protection and security of the Emperor of Japan. We follow Jujitsu which many people confuse with BJJ. Original Jujitsu had many names. Most commonly was Bushido which is the way of the warrior. Orginal Jujitsu used the following systems.

strikes, pressure points, jointlocks, joint manipulations, wrestling, throws, sacrifice takedowns, kicks, weapons training, studing battle tactics, chokes, holds, counter techniques to all.

Now the concept was to use this stuff to protect your master and yourself. The idea was to master it and become good at it. Some masters used strength, others used flow and relaxation and leverage, others used speed. Use your skill in Martial Fighting Arts and keep it upgraded according to the world around you and how it fights. Many systems have been outdated but we keep it realistic.

With all that said we have stayed true to the original design and techniques of our system. Our style is reconized through the Imperial Temples of Japan which are the Emperors decentants. Only 50 styles are reconized and some forms of Jujitsu are not or other japanese styles.

There is nothing I can add or take out that would be defying our laws and concepts on Bushido and Jujitsu. There for we are original.

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

With all that said we have stayed true to the original design and techniques of our system.

umm...

• "Soke John Casarez created Manabi-Masho jujitsu in 1968"

From his website.

Our style is reconized through the Imperial Temples of Japan which are the Emperors decentants.

umm...

• "Soke John Casarez and his system Manabi-Masho Jujitsu is one of the many systems "recognized" by the Imperial Temples of Japan through their recognition of the World Head of Family Sokeship Council."

This quote, also from his website, indicates it is not a direct recognition, but an indirect recognition. I am not aware of how many recognized in this fashion but i do ask... what exactly does this indirect recognition mean? A substantiation? An inference?

There is nothing I can add or take out that would be defying our laws and concepts on Bushido and Jujitsu. There for we are original.

Umm...

• "NOTE-- The following is considered a part of Japanese warrior training, the School of Manabi Masho Jujitsu and the Federation of Manabi Masho does not teach any examples of Bushido. It is the opi(ni)ons of the Admin of this website to place this page on the website, because possiably in the future a code of Bushido will be introduced into our system."

Again, from his website.

Apologies

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Ok yeah its not easy to explain.

The Imperial Temples of Japan is what is left from teh old ways of japan the Emperor and all that.

The World Head of Family Sokeship Council is a group or federation of martial artists come together to speak bout how they all can provide help for the future of marital arts. They also do demos, give out awards and so

The two are not the same but the Imperial Temples of Japan reconizes the W.H.F.S.C. and there are requirements that must be meet to to be accepted into the W.H.F.S.C. After your style or you get into the WHFSC then comes the regestration with the Imperial Temples. Many styles are reconized by the W.H.F.S.C. but not with the Imperial Temples. Our style is reconized by both. Basicaly its like being knighted in england only this is from Japan. Basicaly its just a bunch of rights, titles and certificates, which mean nothing in todays world. But some people perfer to have creditentals and we provide em.

The other comment about Manabi Masho Jujitsu being founded is true, the basis for Jujitsu is to progress in battle and stay aware of what is happening never becoming stagnant. Our Grandmaster saw that other Jujitsu was not staying true to this and he decided to branch off. When he did so he explained his natures were to both stay true to the old ways and come up with faster better ways for Jujitsu to work. The W.H.F.S.C. has him on the 51st seat.

Basicaly look at JKD......Bruce Lee orginaly wanted his idea to be an idea, not a style. JKD though is becoming a grounded style and not adding stuff.......JKD was suppose to be a mma and adapted to the self. IF a JKD stuider says he wants to create what Bruce Lee intended all along and he goes out and makes a style called Tao Bruce Lee JKD then he is both Gone back to the source and original plan, and also branched out making a new style.

The Bushido Comment is one that is tricky. Bushido is only given out and studied through me I am the Admin on the website, I have the blessing of my Grandmaster to teach its ideas and laws so that we remember where we are going and where we come from. But My Grandmasters style is tough and hard, most people can't cut it especialy during Belt testing. Because of its stress and due to the fact we are in America we have to keep the schools atmosphered family, friendly at times, instead of a strict disaplined way all day. The Bushido Code is very demanding and some of it is posted on our website.

Basicaly Now the Bushido code is a extra part of class that is only taught to black belts and above right now. Our idea is to perserve our style and make it very hard to beat, and we find its often hard to keep people in the school because we train in alot of realistic manners, and begginers get roughed up.

I hope that clears it up...sorry for all the confussion

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

Dont make Manabi mad lol........=p

No on a serious note my dojo is about 1 hour from Chesapeake, Ohio where Manabi's dojo is. I think its calle the Tri dojo or Tri City or something like that......anyways.

My Master is a 6th Dan named Pat Jackson. He knows Grandmaster Casarez through Casarez's fame and reputation. It's a hard thing to be in thier dojo because Casarez works with all kinds of super famous celebs and stunt men teaching fighting coragraphs and I have personaly seen Chuck Norris, Dan the Beast Severn, and a few underfamous ufc type people at thier dojo in secret trainings.

The problem is that everyone wants Casarez to write a book, or make videos because if you seen his style you would flip out, but Casarez refuses everything. Manabimasho1 who's real name is Brian, I hope you dont get upset Brian.......but anyways he has a rough time on forums like this because he is not there to provide you with demos, and he is not allowed to film them.

He had to literaly beg his Grandmaster to place a few photos of thier class mates doing throws on the website. Because belive it or not thier way of throwing is very differnt from what other judo and jujitsu schools do. So Brian aka manabimasho1 along with his wife (who isn't a member on these forums I don't think) does alot of the work at their Dojo because thier Grandmaster is having heart issues.

But they lost a few high ranking members because thier style is rough, and it hurt the future of thier style. I take Karate and when I am with Brian and Grandmaster Casarez in a demonstration its like learning how to fight all over again. And I have personaly asked Brian to show me how he did something that was amazing and he turned me down because his Grandmaster doesnt want "anyone" outside knowing the stuff unless he is there. Brian is very dedicated and a good student.

Their trophies, claims, and all that paper work dont' do them justice. They will never be well known, and they must agree to keep it that way. There is also some agreement about not useing some of thier stuff in Fights that are broadcasts.

I hope I didn't brag too much on you Manabimasho1.....he asked me in a PM to watch what I say, but I had to butt in here.

I do Karate and some other MMA

I love miniture dogs.

I hate olives, cheerleaders and telemarketers

The problem is that everyone wants Casarez to write a book, or make videos because if you seen his style you would flip out, but Casarez refuses everything. Manabimasho1 who's real name is Brian, I hope you dont get upset Brian.......but anyways he has a rough time on forums like this because he is not there to provide you with demos, and he is not allowed to film them.

Well I didn't care that you said my first name....but that comment up there is gonna have people crying for crap now in PM's lol.........shhhhhhh.

Superchick, dont worry about what others think on here, I don't need you to back me up, but I do appreciate it *bows*.

Dont make Manabi mad lol........=p

ahem

There is also some agreement about not useing some of thier stuff in Fights that are broadcasts.

There is the old belief that if you keep things within your own school, you will have the advantage of surprise, in that your actions committed to an opponent will be indefensible because of their ignorance of it. I am full aware of this belief, as it was a very popular, and effective, approach used by the Japanese and, even earlier, the Chinese.

However, these are very different times. Secrets are no longer secret, and no system can ensure that things stay within their system. Nowadays, systems cannot merely succeed by tricks... they must succeed by being effective as well.

Basicaly Now the Bushido code is a extra part of class that is only taught to black belts and above right now. Our idea is to perserve our style and make it very hard to beat, and we find its often hard to keep people in the school because we train in alot of realistic manners, and begginers get roughed up.

Btw, are you aware of the origins of the bushido code? That it was originally created by the bureaucrats as a means to 'control' the warrior class? There's more to it, but i think if you do some research on the origins, with this basis in mind, you'll find your studies somewhat enlightened.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro