• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Problem with another martial artist (Updated)

ShotokanKid

Well, he's at it again, this time, he grabbed another boy in a headlock and was bouncing his head around and stuff. How do you think I should bring this up again to the youth pastor?

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you not feel comfortable telling your parents (or have a less than ideal situation... i.e. you don't think they'll believe you?)?

Is this person mentally-challenged somehow?? Seriously, it really sounds like it if he's been told to stop, but continues anyway.

I don't understand how he's allowed to continue, but if it were me, I'd try to draw as much attention as I could next time he joint-locked me, like yell at the top of my lungs "OWWW!! YOU'RE HURTING ME!!"

It sounds like everyone involved is trying to keep it hush-hush so as not to hurt his feelings. To heck with that. If it comes down to either hurting his feelings or him hurting me physically, I vote for hurting his feelings.

JKN Dean

Do you not feel comfortable telling your parents (or have a less than ideal situation... i.e. you don't think they'll believe you?)?

I don't feel comfortable telling my parents just because my dad completely freaks out about stuff like this, he gets really, really mad, and I don't want it to come down to this yet.

My youth pastor has already talked about this to him a bunch of times, but as you can see, no change

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Is this person mentally-challenged somehow?? Seriously, it really sounds like it if he's been told to stop, but continues anyway.

I don't understand how he's allowed to continue, but if it were me, I'd try to draw as much attention as I could next time he joint-locked me, like yell at the top of my lungs "OWWW!! YOU'RE HURTING ME!!"

It sounds like everyone involved is trying to keep it hush-hush so as not to hurt his feelings. To heck with that. If it comes down to either hurting his feelings or him hurting me physically, I vote for hurting his feelings.

I agree making the guy look like an idiot might stop him but there is always that chance that he wants people to look or might want revenge if u do do that, but screaming in pain should stop him :bawling: .

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

That might be the perfect Dad to have in a situation like this, actually. (Unless you think he'll go fight the guy ;) or pull you out of the church when you like going). At least he'll take it seriously and as an important thing, better that than having a parent who thinks you are imagining it. I'll go with telling your Dad. :)

You can only do so much. You're 14 and you've tried... this is what parents are for. I doubt they'd like what this guy did.

Oh, and did I mention that he's been doing this to adults too?

So, where is this church? I'm sure someone here is nearby and would like to volunteer to 'help out' at Sunday school too.

Well, he's at it again, this time, he grabbed another boy in a headlock and was bouncing his head around and stuff. How do you think I should bring this up again to the youth pastor?

YES!!! If he knows its going on and doesn't stop it he could be held liable under tort (injury) law. I wonder if he realizes this?

Also, read my post on Stress Management in this forum.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

(Unless you think he'll go fight the guy ;) or pull you out of the church when you like going).

He would never fight, and I go to church because my dad considers it a family thing, that we all have to do together.

Cool, then I don't see a reason not to tell him. Not that I did before. :) But, that's me.

i strongly agree with patrick, your dads probably the best guy to go too about this. the only reason this guy keeps doin it is because slaps on the wrist arent getting through, you need somebody whose gonna "freak out" about this, im sure if a big stink is made and this is brought to the entire congregations attention he will be so embarassed he'll barely be able show his face, and besides what are dads for? lol..............oh and make sure youve seriously made it clear to this guy in person that you wanted him to stop, otherwise he'll just play the "i had no idea it hurt that much" card