• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many hours a week are you at your dojo?

How many hours a week are you at your dojo?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How many hours a week are you at your dojo?

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-10
    • 10 +

Oh and right now (summer time) our classes greatly vary in size from having anywhere from 4 to 15 kids in a class, and our adults usually sitting on 3-10 per class.

"Question oneself, before you question others"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great, You should be able to run up to a 300 student school on a 6 day week. I'd deffentely look at a second work out floor. 30 in a class, makes for some interesting sparring time I bet. Do you fallow a rotating curriculum or a stardard ladder?

i train 20-25 hours a week at variouse gyms/dojos

3 hrs-taekwondo

4 hrs- judo

2 hrs- kung fu (lao hu pai)

8 hrs- boxing

4 hrs- muay thai

2-6 hrs- running/weights

Fist visible Strike invisible

Sounds great, You should be able to run up to a 300 student school on a 6 day week. I'd deffentely look at a second work out floor.

I wish we could have a second floor, but the building we're in now couldn't support that. We have looked in the past for a split dojo with a left and right side like some of our other locations, but so far we've been doing ok for now.

30 in a class, makes for some interesting sparring time I bet.

Oh yeah, it's great sometimes. Problem is we never seem to get that many intermediate to advanced adults in the room at the same time! I'd love to have some brawling action, but the kids are entertaining enough. We have alot of different sparring scenarios, and there's nothing quite like watching four mid-ranking 10-12yr olds go at it in a team style sparring match :)

Do you fallow a rotating curriculum or a stardard ladder?

The material itself is pretty set in stone (well at least I tell myself that despite how techniques are frequently changed :-P) But what the class entails itself is pretty much depending on who's there. Each class we pretty much tailor make depending on the students attending.

For example if we have 4 students in the room that are pretty much training for exercise purposes, we're not gonna have them throw on the MMA gloves and start some UFC style king of the ring action.

Pretty much each class, kids and adults regardless is made up on the spot depending on what they need to work on.

<<<>>>

Edited by KempoTiger

Kempotiger, you seem set for bear. What part of NY are ya at? Are you the school owner? I know I have a million questions, but I'm trying to get to know the more successful school owners/managers and learn a bit about how thay run things. I'm not one of your competitors being that I'm in Seattle.

Kempotiger, you seem set for bear. What part of NY are ya at? Are you the school owner? I know I have a million questions, but I'm trying to get to know the more successful school owners/managers and learn a bit about how thay run things. I'm not one of your competitors being that I'm in Seattle.

Nah I'm not the school owner, just been doing this a long time. I suppose I've said all I'll say here. I'll continue this via PM alright? I'll contact you in a bit.

well, I help instruct weds and thurs. 7-9 sometimes 10 pm. And when my work schedule permits I got Mon. or Tues. and I spend 2 hours on my days off in the morning at home working out. So it kinda varies on what I have going on

There is no teacher but the enemy.