• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was wondering if people who practice chinese martial art spar in class and do you go all out or do you pull your punches/kicks/knees/elbows and so on. I mean Full contact sparring, not point sparring.

Live to learn. I am a White belt in BJJ.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we spar with no pads and at a semi hard contact. I like sparring with no pads. I seem to be able to feel the postition of my opponent better. It also seems much easier to stick to your opponent.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, sparring. Mostly for me is medium to heavy contact (always with gloves, headgear is negated sometimes).

Not as much full contact, but I can live with that since my kung fu is still quite weak compared to others.

When my sihings and I are more proficient with our Fist then we will decrease the rules. Right now we don't use much elbows and knees, but trust me that's going to change VERY quickly.

From 2nd level and up we do point sparing with protective gear. (used by light contact and I miss it).

From 4th level and up, we do Chi Sao sparring with just a mouth guard.

On the weekends, we can do, point, light or full contact. Full contact has to be with head guards, 16oz gloves and belly pads.

Sometimes we also do some grappling sparring.