• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

computer question, help!

P.A.L

i was messing with some *.cgi file on my laptop, by mistake i changed the "open with" to "internet explorer" it was originaly "unknown program" now i can't change it back, how can i change this property, now any cgi file i am trying to run doesn't work , IE tries to save it on hard disk.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Open any folder. Click Tools > Folder Options > File Types.

You should be able to find the *.cgi extension and change its properties from there.

Hope this helps.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Another way (I think) is to right click on the file, click "Properties", make sure the "General" tab is selected and then click "Change" after "Opens With: Internet Explorer". Then you can set it to program you want. :)

Open any folder. Click Tools > Folder Options > File Types.

You should be able to find the *.cgi extension and change its properties from there.

Hope this helps.

thanks , i think your way works, i should find the cgi type and delete if it that window this way it goes back to original set open by " unknown program"

patrick your way works if you find the program in the list, in my case it's nothing and you can change it to nothing,

i didn't know about the tools->options last night so i finally rolled back the OS to an older restore checkpoint.

thanks you guys

i didn't know about the tools->options last night so i finally rolled back the OS to an older restore checkpoint.

That's another way to do it. ;) :D

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

That's another way to do it. ;) :D

I hate system restore , lol ...

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike