• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

UFC with kungfu only

To compete even at the amatuer level of mixed martial arts you should be training the best of all styles, thats what MIXED MARTIAL ARTS is. You cant afford to have weak points because your opp. is going to find that and then use it against you. Example if your a week grappler then your opp. is going to want to grappling common sense tells me to make it in the MIXED martial arts game you need to MIX it up. Especially now days the sport is forever changing and getting harder and harder each day due to mixed martial artists perfecting themselves and their game (all aspects of the game).

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm--good luck Brudda....I have seen several ppv matches of UFC & K-1 & had ringside seats last month at an amateur event with 15 matches_have you watched much UFC?...seriously, you know the majority of the matches go to a submission (choke,armbar,ect.) or just the "ground & pound".

As its been said you need to be training in more than just Kung Fu if you really desire to win in UFC but, what do I know...anything could happen.

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

using only kung fu doesnt limit you at all. you do however need to train as an athlete should if you want to compete at that level.

By the name of your kung fu I can say you have both striking and grappling, but focusing on grappling. Develop some striking abilities too by practicing that part of your kung fu style.

Also, if your style has kicks, train in those too so you dont limit your own style, but can adapt it to everything.

that way, you have grappling, kicks, strikes. all you would need would be groundfight and I think your master can teach you basics at least.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

True conditioning is big time part of MMA fighters.

But still don't mean it will help him out if he isn't at the same technical level as other fighters. Examining fights and workign with other GOOD MMA fighters will help alot. Doing local events help see wehre he is at what he needs to work on but no matter how good condition he is in if his striking and ground work aren't on the same par as the others he is going to be in trouble.

using only kung fu doesnt limit you at all. you do however need to train as an athlete should if you want to compete at that level.

By the name of your kung fu I can say you have both striking and grappling, but focusing on grappling. Develop some striking abilities too by practicing that part of your kung fu style.

Also, if your style has kicks, train in those too so you dont limit your own style, but can adapt it to everything.

that way, you have grappling, kicks, strikes. all you would need would be groundfight and I think your master can teach you basics at least.

he would actually be limiting himself quite a bit. I can guarantee you that the groundwork he does do would be seriously deficient when compared to someone training a grappling intensive style. that's like telling a judoka not to cross train in a striking style because judo has strikes...

he would actually be limiting himself quite a bit. I can guarantee you that the groundwork he does do would be seriously deficient when compared to someone training a grappling intensive style. that's like telling a judoka not to cross train in a striking style because judo has strikes...

have u ever fought a strong praying mantis practitioner? they mix stand up-fighting with strikes and its hard to avoid this combination while using your hands.

Also, they DO train on groundfighting-(like in this guy's case). I think the weakest part of this style is not either striking nor grappling, but kicks.

Besides, can you tell a JJJ that his style needs work? that a Japanese or Hawaiian KEnpo practitioner need groundfighting? they would say, they already have groundfighting. Even in schools with groundfighting(for self defense that I've seen) prefer the stand-up techniques and resort to groundfighting only as a last resort.

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty