• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your Most Confident Technique

stomp his instep and while you keep his leg fixed, punch him in the head. effect: broken leg and, in most cases, smashed head.

shodan yoshinkan aikido

sandan hakko ryu ju jutsu

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really have any techniques that are more confident than others: I train them all thoroughly and equally. However, my favourite technique (not the one I'd use most, I just like it) is side thrust kick to the chest or throat.

Currently: Kickboxing and variants.

Previously: Karate (Seido, Shotokan, Seidokan), Ju Jitsu, Judo, Aikido, Fencing.

• 2 months later...

It would depend on the opponent, but against a non-scientific fighter* my most effective tech is to draw his meaty right hand before using an open hand strike to the collarbone.

*a guy who just tries to punch you in the face, ie most guys.

If the guy had a knife i would use the most effective leg technique there is, the Run Like the Wind strategy. Next time you are sparring, get your partner to use a marker pen (soft felt tip please!)as a 'knife'. After a minute or two of sparring see how many ink marks you have on you and then think about how bad the injuries would have been.

Just something to think about guys.

word

but we're talking about confident techniques

i like the technique combo of starting with a left lunge punch (most people always expect a strike from the right hand and I can't say i blame them) right hand reverse, right foot round kick to the floating ribs.

if i got in a real situation i imagine i'd use front kicks an awful lot (the front kick to the solar plexus) i use it ALOT in sparring and I'm good with distancing and timing with it, and I've watched the frustrated look in people's eyes that can't get near me.

Welcome to the forums, monkey! Always good to have another primate on board :brow:

Stop by the introductions board and introduce yourself ;)

By the way, the felt-tip marker thing is very effective! We did that at my black belt test last September, on white t-shirts. It was cool, I had a couple stabs on me...but underneath those marks were bruises from the hard stabs *Ouch*.

Plus, I actually had real blood on my shirt, since I cut my hand on the marker handle while I was the attacker. I wiped the blood off on my shirt and freaked out my friend's mom later :)

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

I perfer a booted toe kick to the shin while stepping in. A little pain is good to set the tone of the fight.

In general I like low kicks to the legs.

Hammer fist stikes to the fore arms.

Lapel chokes.

"There is only one tactical principle which is not subject to change; it is, 'To use the means at hand to inflict the maximum amount of wounds, death, and destruction on the enemy in the minimum amount of time.' " Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Well in that case i would be very confident in trickery :brow:

I.E Motion toward opponents face then WAMMMMMMM! :kaioken:

Snap kick to the groin follow up uppercut to nose then as for kajukenbo style making sure the opponent doesnt get up to attack again with a barrage of disabling attacks stomp the chest elbow the eye socket those kinda things but i find it kinda gross unless hes trying to kill u or something :karate:

KEEP TRAINING AND ALWAYS WORK HARD AT IT!

"Sweat more in the dojo,bleed less in the street"Kajukenbo fighters axiom.

The one that seems to work everytime for me is the front ball kick to the groin area, make sure to really drive that foot in there deep. Then following it up with a straight right hand punch on the nose, make sure to really follow through with that as well, the rest is cake.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"