• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your Most Confident Technique

Yea I would hafta agree with u, JKD kid. Takes many years of intense training and the sacrifice of much blood and tears to build up the muscle memory for an itchy trigger finger :smile: The practitioners of such modern arts have formed an even more controversial coalition than the politics-laden WTF. Fear the NRA!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Us Americans (USA, specifically) like our guns because it provides both security and outdoor recreation. It's only a small percentage of people that end up giving law abiding and safety concious citizens a bad rap. We still engage in good old fashion fist fights. Normally after midnight on the weekends.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned techniques that don't involve kicks or punches. I am starting to enjoy the joint lock defence techniques that Kuk Sool Won has to offer. It has great bone breaking moves.

It's happy hour somewhere in the world.

Stright blast starting with either hand in either lead followed by an elbow or 2 and a knee then a headbut to knew combo.

Of course it is best fitted to the person you are beating on :smile:

For my preferred weapon i would have to say European longsword, or perhaps a combat rapier both which are devastating weapons.

My most confident technique would have to be either my front leg Side Kick since it has such great speed and power, and its not too difficult to train to a proficient level. I also feel quite confident my Palm and Elbow strikes, can get some pretty good power behind them :nod:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

They are also vastly over rated. They do work well in stopping forward movement but the chances of actually pulling them off & damaging the knee in real combat are slim. How do I know? Because I and others I know who can pull them off well in training have tried. Yes - they can work, but they certainly not a high percentage move or anywhere near as deadly as they are thought to be. This goes for quite a few other techs too!

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

If I were really being attacked my first defense is

the chicken-Run-do (run like hell) :grin:

Seriously I would keep it simple and effective left to the head right reverse punch followed by a right front or sidekick to the groin, stomach or head if you are more flexible than me ( I prefer staying low :eek:). To try anything fancy probably would not work for me.

Fortunatly Ive never had to find out.

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.