• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your Most Confident Technique

I agree with Shoto. I'd stay with the basics .... quick, easy, and they hurt. If ya try usin these fancy kicks (high kicks), you're just asking for someone to catch your leg and hit or throw you. Even an un-trained fighter catches a high kick. Keep the fancy stuff in the dojo/dojang.

My favorite (for a real fight) would have to be fake a punch, front kick to the groin or low thai round kick to the inner thigh, and an elbow to the back of the head (when they come down after the kick). Maybe an axe kick to the back to make sure they stay down for good measure :grin: If they get me from behind, I'll kick in with a throw or joint lock, and follow up with a kick or two (depending on what tech I use).

Laurie F

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite technique: myself.

I feel confident performing every movement I have ever learned. There is not one I feel better doing than the other. Real fight or sparring it doesn't matter. (I train full contact, no pads)

As for the combos mentioned. I think it foolish to have a favorite opening combo or move that you have programmed into your mind. I prefer to just let it flow. Since I feel confident regardless of the technique I don't have to worry about what to do in any situation I just do it.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

I like to wait till they try to draw you in by fake-stepping forward and as soon as their weight is moving forward, bam! spinning back kick! But I guess my all time favorite is when your opponent is lying crippled on the ground after a particularly brutal skipping side kick, that's when you jump six feet in the air and (with both feet) stomp down with a monkey scream while your face grimmaces in slow motion. That last one is only to be used on Han's henchmen. :lol:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

All time greatest combo: Jab, reverse, hook. Always do a vertical hook, making contact with the index and middle finger. Otherwise, you will break your hand. Broked my 4 and 5 matacarpal (the brones from the wrist to the knuckles) a year ago.

Canh T.

I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversations.

• 1 month later...

Probably twisting block trap, pull into reverse elbow strike followed by backfist. It sounds like several techniques but pretty much works as one continuous movement.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I know lots.. about 89 of them, I dont really remember those Teq, of them are so many.

Kempo gives too much teq if your in for Black belt.

Kempo dude says: Stand up show me what you got, im black belter in kempo, im a Kempo champ. lets see who will win!

• 3 weeks later...

Coin toss, I would have to say either straight jab(thanks to my boxing coach), toe punch front kick to the knee(Uechi-ryu style), or side thrust kick to the hip region. All have proven effective on the street.

"I would no more kick a man in the head, than I would punch him in the foot." -Bruce Lee

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."