• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most influential martial artists

In the beginning it was the television series “Kung Fu” in which martial arts were shown as a mental attitude as much or more so than the physical abilities. As a young lad I rarely was able to see the program as back then we had to use antenna for television reception of which did not work well. I do not take David Carradine’s abilities lightly. I found the characters of Master Po and Master Kan to be very interesting as well, if not more so. I now have the series on DVD and have come to understand that it was indeed the series that sparked my original interest.

Now that I study Martial Arts, Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee, of course. G.M. Remy Presas, Terry Dunn, Randy Williams, William Chung, Joseph Simonet, Steven Cunningham, Greg Kollar, Steven Seagal, Cassius Clay, Jeff Speakman, my current instructor: Master Rick Whitman and anyone else I can learn from

“Before I studied the art, a punch to me was just a punch, a kick was just a kick. After I’d studied the art, a punch was no longer a punch, a kick no longer a kick. Now that I understand the art, a punch is just a punch, a kick is just a kick.” Bruce Lee

“Evil cannot be conquered in the world, it can only be resisted within one’s self.” – Master Po

My Cup is Empty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might of missed something here. Has anyone a buisness influence? Like for me Master Barry Lyon showed me we can be more than a donjon dojo, we can make a living. Or the Chief Master Clark in florida with his Mass Training series of buisness seminars. How 'bout the Kovars in Cali and ProMAC (Professional Martial Arts College)

well i'd have to say all the other major film martial artists (jet lee, jackey chan, chuck norris,) played a role in popularising the martial arts but they also hurt it a bit by building kids images up to where when they do start martial arts there bound to be dissapointed when they find out its gonna be a long time before they'll be flying thro the air like super heros(if ever depending on the style), plus they never really added anything to there arts, so you really just gotta give it up to the traditional masters all over the world who keep there art pure IMHO

heh, I've seen plenty of schools that center around the flashy movie fighting stuff. I remember seeing some really cool stuff online at a friends house, and it turns out the kid that was doing it trained at a school called "Sharky's Karate/Martial Arts" or something like that, and they have an entire class for movie stunt stuff like spin kicks, aerial kicks, flips, kipups and more.

Of course if they want to learn how to REALLY fight then yes they are in for a much rude awakening and dissapointing experience :-P

"Question oneself, before you question others"