• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most influential martial artists

Maddwraph, yes, Gracie Family are the ones who created Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. They are pretty important and influential.

tufrthanu, I agree about Dan Innosanto.

More martial artists to list.

Itosu Anko- focused on developing a "safer" brand of Karate. He re-tooled several forms (kata) and

eliminated lethal techniques. He also emphasized physical and mental conditioning and promoted the non-corporal benefits of training.

Hitsui Maedakama- the Jiu-jitsu instructor and mentor of Gracies.

Musashi Miyamato- creator of the Niten Ichi-ryu (two sword style) and the most famous swordmaster of all time.

Okuyama Yoshiji- created Hakko-ryu style of Jiu-jitsu.

Jean-Joseph Renard and Guy de Montgrillard- the world's first non-Japanese Judo teachers who opened Judo's first Western school in Marseilles, France in 1889.

Su In Hyouk- creator of Kuk Sool Won, a Korean martial art which combines external and internal techniques.

Source: A book called "The Complete Idiot's to Martial arts."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The UFCs, as a whole, were affirmation for me, after having argued for at least a decade prior about the errors of test tube training and the lack of respect stand-up arts had to groundbased systems such as wrestling.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Grand Master Jack (Crazy Jack) Pierce, Eternal Grand Master H. U. Lee, my parents Anita Huntley (4th Dan) M. Neal Huntley (2nd Dan) and finaly my 4 y/o son T.J. (white belt w/2 stripes) My son's the reason I live.

lol

Actually, I've read some of your posts and you've change my mind, or at least made me rethink my position so your correct to say you have been an influence on me. Like any good Black Belt. Keep it up.