• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

grounding...

Im just curious does all of the street fights end up on the ground? cuz ive seen gang fights mostly they were throwing home made bombs and maiming each other with bats and stuff ive never seen one on the ground? and what if theres more than one attacker? :???:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

First of all welcome to the forums. 90 % of martial arts fights will end up on the ground. these are fights where the people have been trained with ground fighting techniques and are comfortable using them. Street fights are different. Different weapons may be used and those kind of people don't really care how they fight as long as they win.

Boards don't hit back.

-Bruce Lee

Not to split hairs, but is that statistic correct? I thought it was 90% of fights, not necessarily martial arts fights.

Two guys in a brawl in a bar (esspecially if intoxicated) will inevitably wind up on the ground. But I didn't think the percentage was as high if a trained martial artist was involved (unless of course he's a grappler).

Kuk Sool Won - 4th dan

Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

It's impossible to get statistics for the amount of fights that end up on the ground.

I train in BJJ, and the theory behind it is that all fights end up on the ground, or that's where all fights are won.. Not ALL fights go to the ground in my opinion, but a lot of them do end up on the ground at one stage I've seen..

I've found myself on the ground a couple of times in fights when I didn't want to be there. When two people struggle, especially unskilled they inevitably (sp?) end up on the ground whether it be to one person taking the other person down by tripping them or pushing/pulling, or one person trips and takes the other person down with them.

Multiple attackers ? If you learn BJJ, you can apply a lot of the techniques standing up. So you could use one person as a shield while choking them out of something, then deal with the next guy if they still want to come after you after just seeing their buddy choked out. It's very hard to deal with multiple attackers no matter what art you do.

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Well not all the times but maybe a few or if someone takes someone down then ya probably :nod: But i think sometimes they are just trying to take them down and then beat them up :nod:

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

I would prefer top stay on my feet and would not be too keen to go to ground. If I can get my attacker down I prefer toleave the scene before he gets back up. The only time I have seen a person go to ground was when they were dumped there and then stomped!