• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

AP Scores!

monkeygirl

Did any other high schoolers take the AP Exams this spring? I just got my scores in the mail yesterday, so I figured everyone else probably did, too. That is, if you didn't surrender to the impatience (like I almost did) and pay $8 to hear the scores over the phone. Which, by the way, you could do as of July 1st. I'll never understand what takes so long to print and mail the incredibly simple result sheets they send.

I took the English Lit and AB Calculus (single variable) exams, and got 5's in each, so I'm psyched. My college will give me credit and higher course placement. That's really helpful because I want to major in Economics, which takes a lot of math.

I was really surprised about my English score, because I thought my essays had been terrible. I mean, I'm pretty good with on-the-spot essays, but the topics were ridiculous. I thought I would have been lucky to scrape a 3, but I guess not!

So anyway, how did everyone else do? Any other interesting college/exam news?

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Where are you headed in the fall? I wish I would've received a 5 on my AP Calc exam. I think I got a 3 (this was like 5 years ago!). I suck at math. :)

Congrats on the Calc score! I busted my hump all year in high school and barely scraped together a 4 so I can appreciate the wheight of that 5.

Anybody take the music AP exam in high school? It wasn't too common in my town. I and another kid were the first in 7 years to take it and that guy didn't actually take the test, he just signed up.

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!

we certainly didn't have AP Music. My terrible high school had a total of 6 APs. I could only take like 2 exams because they were too expensive! Either way, my college barely gives AP credit. They will give it in a few subjects, but mostly you'll just be placed higher.

We didn't have an AP music class either. I found a college professor who lived nearby and took private theory lessons from him to prepare for it. I know my college wouldn't accept the credit but it was for experience and bragging rights.

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!

Where I come from being a martial artist wasn't something to brag about either...but look at us now!

Congratulations!

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

AP exams don't do you much good at NYU so I chose not to take most of them.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War