• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Harry Potter book.

Enviroman

Yeah, I got it. A bit pricey, but good. My prediction about the half-blood prince was that it was Dumbledore. Nope... Definatly needed to be edited a bit better. Now we'll have to wait another two or three years for the next one... :evil:

"Don't tell me what I can't do."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone catch the typo near the beginning in the American version? It says "fug" instead of "fog".

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I wasn't mad...I thought the twist was interesting but I was just dissapointed overall. It was more of the same (at least I thought so).

Did anyone catch the typo near the beginning in the American version? It says "fug" instead of "fog".

Yeah, I was a little surprised at that.

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Actually, the word, "fug," in England has a similar definition to the word, "fog."

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

So how about some scuttlebutt and theories on the next one? Here are the conclusions I've come to, and some ideas that I've seen others express on the net:

*WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS*

1. Snape was ordered to kill Dumbledore by Dumbledore himself. Dumbledore knew that he would probably be killed seeking the horcrux, so he ordered Snape to finish him off so Snape still appeared to be on the side of the Deatheaters. Therefore, the scene at the end where Dumbledore is pleading with him, saying, "Snape, please," he actually means please kill me. Also, they are both accomplished at Legilimancy, so they could have been speaking silently to each other during that time. And Snape had made the Unbreakable Vow, so he HAD to kill Dumbledore.

2. The real locket is or was at 12 Grimmauld Place. In an earlier book (I believe it was OotP), Rowling makes reference to a heavy locket they found there that they couldn't open. Mundungus probably stole it, along with the suitcase of other stuff he had stolen from Grimmauld Place. Why else would that scene be there at the beginning of HBP?

Anyone else have any theories?

I came to the same conclusions Usagi. I highly doubt that Snape is truly evil...in fact, I'd almost guarantee he isn't. I'm guessing Harry finds the horcrux and at some point Snape ends up sacrificing himself to help Harry defeat Voldemort. It's very Star Wars.

I came to the same conclusions Usagi. I highly doubt that Snape is truly evil...in fact, I'd almost guarantee he isn't. I'm guessing Harry finds the horcrux and at some point Snape ends up sacrificing himself to help Harry defeat Voldemort. It's very Star Wars.

Ah, yes. But the real question is, is Snape really Harry's father? ;)