• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New Harry Potter book.

Enviroman

*WARNING: MORE SPOILERS*

Oh, also a couple of things I forgot to mention:

3. R.A.B. is probably Sirius' brother, Regulus Black. Hence the locket ending up at Grimmauld Place.

4. Some people have suggested that Harry's scar is in itself a horcrux. I personally don't buy this one, though; it seems unlikely that LV would place a horcrux in a living being, especially one he was trying to kill.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have it, read it in 6 hours, love it. Best yet. Can't wait for the next one. I can't believe she killed him off, though! How could she!!! And the Half Blood Prince, THAT was unexpected.

I new It all was gonna happen Except Draco Doing what he did... I was waiting for that in the next book

I have been at it for 9 years kicking and punching my way up the ranks now im a blackbelt at the age of 13. Come get me. LOL

Well, I finished it last night, so I can finally read this thread. :)

I don't think there is anything wrong with the plot skeleton, as it were... it was a good book, various filling in of details and surprises and what have you.

I was so mad when I got done reading it Sunday.

Kind of the same. Probably a bit more on the disappointed side. The characters are all great, so it's hard to pick, but Dumbledore may have been my favorite character. A bit sad, really.

The Order... is McGonagall the default leader there, too? What was the plan for such circumstances, if there was even a plan? If the Horcruxes are the key and Dumbledore told Harry not to tell anyone of their meetings, are Harry, Ron, Hermionee the only ones who know about them? Being the vital key (can't eliminate Voldemort without eliminating them) that they are, it is a shame not to have more of the Order working on finding them... did he really mean for Harry not to reveal it even after death? Hmm.

Look at when they went to get the Horcrux. Harry didn't have a clue where to go (the blood door, the chain to the boat, etc.), how he found it, etc. How would he have found anything on his own? So, then, how is he going to find the rest? One thing I thought about was the paintings in the headmasters office. I think it might be in the books somewhere, but can the paintings be asked questions? That is to say, where the painting of the person have the same memory as the person? That one painting seems to weigh in with his opinion from time to time and does seem to have a memory... which makes you think it's possible. Perhaps not. Being a more casual fan, I may have missed something.

The whole thing came up very suddenly and is kind of perplexing. It just seems a little strange for Dumbledore to just drink this unknowing potion. Why would he do so then? As intelligent as he was, you have to say he understood his value. And while he's not the type to have someone test out things for him (probably feeling that he as strong as anyone when it comes to fighting off it's effects)... why not take a cup full of it back and analyze the stuff a bit? Have someone else take a sip and work out what it does and how to cure it. Perhaps he couldn't have. Perhaps the fluid could not leave the island. Perhaps he already knew what it did. And perhaps that is why he wanted the strongest wizard to drink it and the strongest second wizard the boat would allow to make sure that he did.

Did he do it that night because he knew he would die that evening and as he was going to die already, he may as well get that potion out of the way?

1. Snape was ordered to kill Dumbledore...

That's what I'm thinking - hoping, anyway. Is Dumbledore's life worth more than Draco's and Snape's? Arguable, I suppose. Snape has an in with the Death Eaters, so perhaps that is worth more.

Could Dumbledore not have disarmed Malfoy without his wand? Even in his weakened state... so, I think that lends credence to that general theory. He realized that he had to die, but he didn't want Malfoy to do it.

2. The real locket is or was at 12 Grimmauld Place. In an earlier book...

That's interesting. I hadn't thought of that until reading this thread.

4. Some people have suggested that Harry's scar is in itself a horcrux. I personally don't buy this one, though; it seems unlikely that LV would place a horcrux in a living being, especially one he was trying to kill.

That's an interesting one, also. That'd be a twist.

What was the plan for such circumstances, if there was even a plan? If the Horcruxes are the key and Dumbledore told Harry not to tell anyone of their meetings, are Harry, Ron, Hermionee the only ones who know about them? Being the vital key (can't eliminate Voldemort without eliminating them) that they are, it is a shame not to have more of the Order working on finding them... did he really mean for Harry not to reveal it even after death? Hmm.

I think Dumbledore felt that keeping the Horcruxes secret was vital. At this point, I don't think Voldemort knows that anyone outside of himself knows about them, not even the Death Eaters. If Harry told one of the Order, there's a chance that they could be captured and tortured, and reveal that they were searching for the Horcruxes. Keeping the search as secret as possible would keep the element of surprise on Harry's side.

Dumbledore probably figured that it would be alright if Ron and Hermione knew, since they would undoubtedly be helping Harry find them. He also probably figured they would be safe from torture because of Harry's (or possibly other?) protection.

Yeah, that could be. I don't know if Harry's safe from torture though. But, didn't the Death Eaters (or at least the ones closest to Voldemort) know? In GoF, doesn't he (Voldemort) say something like... why would his believers pretend not to believe when they knew the steps he took to prevent himself from dying a mortal death? That would imply that they knew about the Horcruxes. To me, at least.

No worries. I've forgotten most of them, I am sure. So many details to remember. I just happened to remember that one. :lol: