• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Well, first of all, you all be blessed.

TaeKiYun or TaeKyun as is more known is not the base and background to TaeKwonDo. TaeKwonDo is based on striking the opponent with various kicks and TaeKyun is based on distroying the opponent.

Even the hand striking principles are diferent that in TKD. It surelly can be played as a sport but to a manner that it is not complete TaeKyun because it would cause injury to any of the players if done as the art is as it is.

HAP

Ramon Navarro

4th Dan

HapKiDo SabomNim

Song Moo Kwan HapKiDo

Panama Republic of Panama

cool videos,I'm really impressed with this art.Too bad it was mostly lost. And the thin that I liked most about it was that while practicing they look like theyre dancing.Kinda like Capoeira

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I'm here in Korea, and can often see a Taekyon tournament on the TV - although participation is small and there don't seem to be many Taekyon 'dojangs' here. A lot of the Taekyon participants are older than those who participate in the Taekwondo competitions.

It looks a bit rudimentary, and seems more in keeping with traditional martial arts. The costume is an old style one - no relation to the doboks of today. There are a lot of kicks without any body protection. The idea is essentially to get your opponent to the floor - so it seems. I'm not really a big fan of it. Taekwondo and Hapkido are definitely much more dynamic and more wide-ranging in techniques.

There are no limits.

http://taekwondodiaries.blogspot.com

^^*

Taekyon isn't the base of TKD (Karate is ) but it sure influenced the art , heck TKD was named after TAEkyon because they wanted the old name to survive

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike