• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings from Overseas

DCLXVI

Hey! How's it going everyone! I've been reading these forums for a while since I came to the desert June 13th. Decided to go ahead and join up.

A little about myself... I'm 21, joined the Air Force at the age of 19. Current career field isn't much fun (work on jets), but I'm cross training out shortly to become a linguist - Japanese.

I'm an half irish-half jap. Been training in martial arts (style: Tang Soo Do) since I was ten. Nine years of training in a dojang, obtained my third degree blackbelt, now I train by myself and teach my friends here in the military. I'm going to begin training in boxing shortly, work on my hands as my legs have always been my strong point, my hands the opposite. I have decent hands, but they could leaps and bounds better if I take up boxing. Combined with my martial arts training, I feel I'll be a pretty proficient fighter. I'd like to return home after a few years, try and test for my fourth degree black belt and Master ranking.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. See you guys/gals on the forums.

2nd Dan - Tang Soo Do

"It is easy to kill someone with a slash of a sword. It is hard to be impossible for others to cut down."

"Fear is the true opiate of combat."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello.

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!