• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

knife hand block

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
i think that the knife block is silly because if you try to block a knife the knife will go right through your hand.

I think it's a good thing you know how to click on silly icons, because it's pretty obvious you don't understand what a knife hand block is.

Are you currently taking any sort of martial art? If so, ask your instructor has the slightest clue of what a knife hand block is all about, have him show you.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Just some friendly advice. You are more likely to get serious and well-thought answers the more serious and/or mature your question is. There's certainly nothing wrong with indulging the impulse to include as many emoticons as possible, but it kind of turns some people off. I obviously can't tell you how you should post or anything along those lines, but like I said, just some friendly advice.

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

And also please be aware the name of the block refers to the surface of the hand being used. The knife hand edge of the hand.

Remember there is more than one surface of the hand that is used as a weapon.

if im not mistaken he was trying to be funny because i think everyone knows that a knife hand block isnt actualy meant to block knives but rather it refers to the shape of your hand when making it and the surface used to block... i dont know realy, perhaps he wasnt kidding :-?

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.

if im not mistaken he was trying to be funny because i think everyone knows that a knife hand block isnt actualy meant to block knives but rather it refers to the shape of your hand when making it and the surface used to block... i dont know realy, perhaps he wasnt kidding :-?

maybe...knife hand blocks are very effective ill just say that then lol....

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

maybe...knife hand blocks are very effective ill just say that then lol....

haha, yea, it is

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.

• 1 month later...

In the second matrix move keanu reeves blocks a sword with a knife hand block, but i dont recomend trying that cause it will almost certaintly at least break your hand and unless your bones are realyl realyl strong it will most like go through. Not pleasant.

Focus

just because it is called a horse stance doesn't mean i turn into a horse, because im in a cat stance i will turn into a cat....knife hand blocks aren't to block knives, I would hate to see what you think of a spear hand technique.....or even a head butt....lol

but seriously, a hand knife is named for the position of the hand to look like a knife, you block with the edge of the hand as if it was the cutting edge of a knife, and also you can attack with it in the same manner.

That which does not destroy me will only make me stronger

....or even a head butt....lol

I darn near fell out of my seat laughing at that one! :lol:

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"