• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Jean Frenette

Superfoot

I have just bought 2 videos starring Jean Frenette:

-Basic Strengthening Exercises & Leg Conditioning

-Dynamic Advanced Kicking Techniques & Jump Kicks.

He demonstrated his kicks in the first tape, and continues to do so in the next one. His kicking skills are amazing. However, I am still wondering what style of Karate he belongs to. On his gi jacket is an insignia that seems to resemble the symbol of the Okinawa Prefecture. He is only credited as World Karate Champion, as well as being a member of the World Atlantic Karate team. Unlike most karate styles I have witnessed, he sometimes wears a blue gi, exactly the same colour as a blue judo gi, or sometimes a white gi jacket, with blue gi pants. So what style does he belong to? What style is practised or what rules do the World Atlantic Karate team fight under? Why does he favor his kicking? He uses a spinning hook kick as well, the variant which chambers the leg, something which, in my experience, I have not seen in any karate styles. I understand that the uniform of a practitioner does not always act as an insignia for their art, but I thought it would be worth the mention, in case anyone knows why he does this.

Perfect Practice makes Perfect.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

he was a forms champ in the wka for 5 years. He was also like a 12 time national champ of some canadian org. He's trained various things - judo is what he started with. he's also studied a japanese style of karate and goju. I think he is mainly a goju guy though.