• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

thinking about getting a bag.

Maddwraph

i take BJJ, but saturdays they are offering a class of Muay Thai at my gym, and Im thinking about taking the class. I dont know too much about bag equipment, but i am hoping to get one in order to pratice some punches and kicks on. i dont really have the room for a the bags you hang up, and i saw a bag with a stand under it. are these bags good to pratice punches and kicks on?

the bag im talking about looks like the bags in these liks:

http://www.modells.com/product/index.jsp?productId=1968035&cp=710957.1190149.1190161&parentPage=family

http://bullseyefitness.com/ecommerce/os/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=60

i heard hitting the bag is also good cardio and good for making jabs faster. is there anything else i need like gloves? and can i get these gloves at modells? because i searched there and i have seen many different gloves, i want one that i can get my jabs faster with,a nd condition my punches. i hope one class of muay thai for week is enough to get some skill. and is it safe for my hands and wrist?

but back to the bag, you guys think its worth it for $100? the whole fill it with sand or water sounds sketchy, im hoping to get something good. ill figure the other things out like combos and stuff like that.

any help would be propery appreciated please. :D

Im brasilian, but live in the united states. Really enjoying martial arts.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

the wavemaster is used by many schools as a convenient training tool. others here claim they are decent. i prefer a chain-held heavy bag as they seem to offer more resistance. to me a 100lb heavy bag gives me a better workout than the wavemaster

dam, thing is, i only have room for wavemaster, and even then its not all that much room. i was hoping to get a good abg workout or work on some jabs. so its not worth getting?

if you can afford it, they sell bag stands that go in the corner of your room and support a heavy bag. If you absolutely can't get one, firget about the wavemaster - I would get a bob bag - the free standing torso bags. by using one of these, you can train your techniques against a surface similar to one you will actually be hitting when you spar / fight.

yeah. your lucky, i might be able to get one when i sell my trumpet tho :P

How many blosom's are on that tree?

It is impossible to count,

The number's continuoulsy change.

unfortunately, i cant get something so expensive either, not ony because of money shortage, but im not sure if i get ill really enjoy. the wavemaster seems good for partice punches and stuff, i dont think kicks will do it though,