• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Greetings Community (with a humble bow and eyes open)

The form that I am currently studying is called Kalkinodo (kaul-kee-no-doe), which I understand to mean “The Way of Proper Movement”

It incorporates various styles such as Judo, Taekwondo, Modern Arnis, Wing Chun, Karate, Aikido, Grappling and some weapons.

On my own, outside of class I also study Tai Chi Yang Short Form (Terry Dunn), Yoga, Wing Chun using a Mook Jong (Randy Williams and Joseph Simonet), JKD, Kendo, Fencing (Anthony DeLongis), Bullwhip and Pressure Points. Most of this I study with tapes and DVD’s. I currently live an hour and a half away from class as well as my work location, making practice with a partner other than a Jong or BOB very difficult.

It would seem that my plate is full, however, my cup is empty.

I will have many questions.

I hope that my responses will help others as well.

Thank you for allowing me into the Karate Forum community. It appears to be of place of respect.

Qui Gon Tzu

“Evil cannot be conquered in the world, it can only be resisted within one’s self.” – Master Po

My Cup is Empty

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nice metaphor!

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!