• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

a little help from other teachers please? (or anyone Ideas)

WOW

Alot of opinons and noone has brought up the best point yet, so let me begin by doing it.

You seem to have enough room to pack in about 20-30 students, what you need to do is first create 2-3 classes.

First class childrens class age 4-11

Juniors class age 12-17

Adults class age 18-up

What this does is give you the ability to get over 50 students and you can also give more attention to students. What you also have to realise is that in the Summer you get more children, in the Winter alot more adults.

If you need more room though for kata training I would suggest that you seek a Park, someones house who has a large yard or a undistrubed area where you can train. This gives the students the feeling of actualy going out on a Training mission.

Also you can tie in some family/social support. it works wonders for our school because we can train at a students house on a offday for 4-5 hours then barbq and sit around and actualy have fellowship. Remember that alot of students are not just seeking exercise, or warrior training, many will be there for disapline, and structured guidance as well.

I wish you luck and drop me a Personal message anytime my Grandmaster has over 59 years in Martial Arts and is very fabled in going to aid other Dojos in troubled times.

*BOWS*

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, a very good point Manabimasho1. By breaking down your classes into 'bite-size' chunks, and spreading them throughout the day, you can provide more quality instruction AND house more students.

It's funny how we all just took that one for granted, eh?

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

Yes, a very good point Manabimasho1. By breaking down your classes into 'bite-size' chunks, and spreading them throughout the day, you can provide more quality instruction AND house more students.

It's funny how we all just took that one for granted, eh?

Hmm Do I dedect sarcassm......because I didn't see any of those ideas that I posted in anyone elses post. The guy asked for help and opinons and I travel to differnt schools I have seen 3 story dojos that look like temples and dojos that literaly are about 45 by 45 feet.

I was just trying to help! Please if I seemed like a copy cat I am sorry but I just reread the page 1 posts and didn't see anything like what I said on anyones. =p Sometimes I think that either I am on a differnt page from everyone else or everyone else just seems not be reading a book at all!

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

No, i was not being sarcastic. I was noting how everyone just took it for granted and didn't care to mention it. It's like the habits some martial artists get into, but fail to teach. They do it without thought, and thus fail to communicate what they do that is so crucial to their effectiveness.

"When you are able to take the keys from my hand, you will be ready to drive." - Shaolin DMV Test

Intro

• 5 months later...