How long to earn a Black Belt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe Karate25, that was pretty funny. My instructor gives us a lecture on getting a black belt once in a while. He says "if you want a black belt, pick up a Black Belt mag, and order one. Here you got to earn it" (insert heavy asian accent LOL).

Laurie F

MasterH, Yes its from Napoleon Dynamite?

I love that movie. Well actually I thought it was pretty lame. What saved it for me was kip's line to Napoleon

"Napolean don't be jealous that I have been chatting with hot babe's on the internet. ALL DAY!" "Besides we both know I am training to become a cage fighter" -Kip

I love that quote as well as the Rex Kwon Do scene. That made the movie for me. The rest was kind of lame.

kk1975,

Yeah I know what you mean, belts are overated IMO. although having a black belt does open doors for you for teaching and I think other things. Seems if you aren't one no one takes that person seriously.

"Grab my wrist" :lol:

I do that to people all the time, it cracks me up.

Like I said before I think black belt is an intermediate level and that 10th Dan should be the ultimate goal. Not that it isnt a prestigious award, I just wouldnt put too much emphasis on that. In other words dont stop there, you got alot left to learn!

"no my OTHER wrist"

There is no teacher but the enemy.

MasterH, Yes its from Napoleon Dynamite?

I love that movie. Well actually I thought it was pretty lame. What saved it for me was kip's line to Napoleon

"Napolean don't be jealous that I have been chatting with hot babe's on the internet. ALL DAY!" "Besides we both know I am training to become a cage fighter" -Kip

I love that quote as well as the Rex Kwon Do scene. That made the movie for me. The rest was kind of lame.

kk1975,

Yeah I know what you mean, belts are overated IMO. although having a black belt does open doors for you for teaching and I think other things. Seems if you aren't one no one takes that person seriously.

I loved that movie. The first time I watched it was just weird, I watched it a 2nd time and I've been hooked ever sense. I bought the DVD and put it next to "Office Space" on my shelf of favs.

"Break the wrist, step away. Break the wrist, step away."

"You think anyone want to take a roundhouse kick when im wearin these babys?"

Ya know the sick part of that statement? I have a pair of thoes babies! My wife was rolling on the floor..........and so was I.

"gimee your best shot.....sweep.......wack!......not bad, again."

MasterH,

Yeah I do admit it. It's one of those movies the more you watch it the more it grows on you.

I love the part where he talks about his "2 seasons" in the Octagon.

Or even better I loved the commerical of rex kwon do on kips tv. "Reflex's of a puma, stregth of a grizzley bear & wisdom of a man" while saying the last part he's head lock choking some women.

That was hilirious!