• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Leaning when doing yoko geri kekomi

ShotokanKid

Today, I was corrected when doing yoko geri kekomi for leaning back when kicking. How do you think is the best way to correct this and minimize the lean? Thanks in advance for your advice.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Keep your eyes facing forward at all times and try keep you hands in front of you as in fighting stance, try leaning towards the way you are kicking, think of your whole body behind the kick driving forwards not just the leg.

Focus on not moving your hands back as you kick or rotating too much on the ball of your foot as you would with a round house kick, try and keep your head and hands still.

Also you may be trying to kick to high i.e a not realistic jodan height. The higher you wanna kick the harder not to lean back.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the advice, it looks a little bit more correct now

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I lean backword myself when doing yoko geri to the face , so i am probably not the right one to correct it for you :lol: by the way , you get a higher kick when leaning , i never used it in a fight anyway ..

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike