• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cheesy 80s/early 90s martial arts movies.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I used to train with Marek Piotrowski (World Light Heavyweight Kickboxing Champion). He was getting ready for a fight with Don Wilson in Nov 1989.

My trainer loved to tell the story of Wilson coming into Chicago a few or so before the fight. He had a new movie out & gave free passes to Marek & several guys from our gym. Marek was never one to trash-talk an oponent before (or after a fight) or really say anything bad about people. But after the saw the movie, Marek was really quiet. Kevin asked him what he thought of the movie. He looked at him & said, "Now I have a reason to kick his *."

Marek won that fight a few days later. :brow:

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton

lol :) why would he say he has a reason to beat him after seeing one of his movies?Also what movie was it?

I don't recall what movie it was (& after seeing several, they seem interchangeable to me) but I believe it was Wilson's acting that put Marek over the edge. Marek was from Poland and a bit stoic. It was hard to tell what meant to be funny, what was a language barrier or when he was being serious. That's what made his comment even funnier to us.

Being a good fighter is One thing. Being a good person is Everything. Kevin "Superkick" McClinton