• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cheesy 80s/early 90s martial arts movies.

I liked Martial Law but I hated Walker, Texas Ranger. The acting was SO bad in it that it made me want to cry. I just couldn't sit through it...

In reference to Perfect Weapon: When is it coming on DVD? I haven't seen it in a few years and I don't feel like renting it on VHS.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that I would like to retract my earlier inclusion of The Perfect Weapon as a cheesy movie. I just took the time to view it again and decided that it was better than I had originally remembered.

Mr. Speakman’s abilities are rather impressive. His acting ability in this movie is right up there with Steven Seagal….

To my knowledge or lack there of, it is not available on DVD. Perhaps one day it will be.

Edited by Qui Gon Tzu

“Evil cannot be conquered in the world, it can only be resisted within one’s self.” – Master Po

My Cup is Empty

Not in Oz anymore,

It was on a couple of years ago at like 3 in the morning.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Now you must tell me,

What is Xoalin Showdown on WB???

Cheers.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Shaolin Showdown is a really, really, really bad cartoon. I've never caught more than 2 episodes but it seems like there's this group of "shaolin warriors" that have special powers somehow and fight bad guys. Much like that equally terrible Jackie Chan cartoon.

I've often wondered if cartoons are truly worse than when I was a kid (mid-to-late 80s) or if I'm just growing up. Could be a combo, but I stand by my feeling that most cartoons today are just trash. One exception might be the new Ninja Turtles...it's actually half decent.

the new turtles is ok,but I still don't like seeing mutated household pets try to be ninjas.One question though,what happened to the kung fu style u had in your info thing?did u quit?

https://www.samuraimartialsports.com for your source of Karate,Kobudo,Aikido,And Kung-Fu

the new turtles is ok,but I still don't like seeing mutated household pets try to be ninjas.One question though,what happened to the kung fu style u had in your info thing?did u quit?

Nah, I still practice with those guys. It's sort of complicated...there isn't really too much kung fu going on. It's not a real "school" just a sifu and a bunch of guys that get together and train. I felt that, since I'm not really learning mantis officially (just some trapping and stuff, not really too many forms) that I just took it off.