• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What is the problem everbody has with Shin conditioning if someone says they roll a rolling pin on them people say thats not good or dont do that. Or when someone says they tap thier shins with sticks people tell them to stop and ive seen alot of people say they clack shins with a partner to strengthen them no one ever says thats bad and your shins just as hard as a stick so how are the other people doing something wrong they are just using a stick as someone elses shin so isnt their version just a partnerless version?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, all of these methods can help to condition your shins.

The problem with shin conditioning is that it destroys your nerves (therefore less pain) and in effect weakens the circulation to your legs.

What works works

1. bruising is bad as it is counter productive to conditioning. When people just knock shins, they are more likely to end up bruising themselves.

2. they say that rolling the pin up and down your legs breaks capillaries and such in your shin

3. your shins likely won't be any harder than the person who kicks the hard end of a heavy bag everyday.

So how do you efficiently condition your shins? I'd buy into the heavy bag and pad conditioning but lets face it neither of those are as hard as another persons shins, and when you are in a muy thai fight that would hurt.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. When you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup; when you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle; when you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow- or it can crash. Be water my friend. ~Bruce Lee

the only thing I kick are bags and pads. start high and work your way down - all of the material settles at the bottom of the bag, so it's hardest down there. That's all I kick, and my shins are fairly hard - kicking and taking kicks are second nature - it doesn't hurt at all. Most of the thai boxers I know do the same thing - And we all fight thai.

Bruce WillPete7....

So how do you efficiently condition your shins? I'd buy into the heavy bag and pad conditioning but lets face it neither of those are as hard as another persons shins, and when you are in a muy thai fight that would hurt.

Like I said, you kick the heavy bag and kick the Thai pads. No, they are not as hard as someones shin, but when you kick these things all the time, your shins gradually become tougher and tougher.

Another thing to bear in mind is that no matter how well you condition your shins, clashing shins/bones with a training partner or opponent will still ALWAYS hurt! The idea of shin conditioning is to raise your pain threshold so that you can tolerate it, but I've talked to active and retired Thai boxers with HUNDREDS of fights, and they all concur that clashing shins ALWAYS hurts to some degree.

Kru Brooks C. Miller

khun.kao@verizon.net

http://www.onespiritmartialarts.com/

In my opinion, all of these methods can help to condition your shins.

The problem with shin conditioning is that it destroys your nerves (therefore less pain) and in effect weakens the circulation to your legs.

Exactly , especially if you are traying to condition your inner shin (more nerves there ) , and your chn is not going to be any harder !!!!!

Havy bags are the best way , and if you know the correct method of shin block , it won't hurt that much ..

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike

i agree the heavy bag is the best way buy i also like to hit my shins with a pice of bamboo and thin roll the bamboo up and down them it made my shins really hard but hey mabey i wont work of every one

Fist visible Strike invisible