• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What exactly is a McDojo?

I have a solution to the McDojos problem.

Make sure there are atleast 10 color belts and make every single belt including white have 5 degrees cept for Black which has 10. Im sure not even the McDojos can mess that one up..........lol..

Oh crap wait every TKD out there will end up ranking up every weekend and charging $90 for it CRAP...NM about my idea =p

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

https://www.manabimasho.com

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a solution to the McDojos problem.

Make sure there are atleast 10 color belts and make every single belt including white have 5 degrees cept for Black which has 10. Im sure not even the McDojos can mess that one up..........lol..

Oh crap wait every TKD out there will end up ranking up every weekend and charging $90 for it CRAP...NM about my idea =p

Yea.......I get it.......sarcasm. :roll:

Im sorry :roll: I didn't mean to offend you or other TKD students or Hapkido I do appologize, I need to work on my virtues alittle more like Bushido. But I still get upset when I see someone get thier freaking 4th degree black belt in 4-5 years of being in a MA when I spend nearly 9 getting my 1st degree. Although I earned it with blood, sweat and tears literaly.

To me it's not about the Belt I could care less about that, It's about how they misinform people and rank them up and leave them dry. Some of the TKD super McDojo's around my area should be sued for misrepresentation or something like that.

But I am just speaking out of experience of the 3 TKD schools in my area and thier students. I don't claim to know all TKD students

To become the greatest warrior, one needs to train beyond the physical and into the spiritual becoming supernatural. It is then that the warrior will know that he is indeed not the greatest, but just awakened.

=p hehe I was a white belt in this system of Karateforums when I started just 3-4 days ago...IM a yellow belt already!

Karateforums is a McDojos lol

Im sorry :roll: I didn't mean to offend you or other TKD students or Hapkido I do appologize, I need to work on my virtues alittle more like Bushido. But I still get upset when I see someone get thier freaking 4th degree black belt in 4-5 years of being in a MA when I spend nearly 9 getting my 1st degree. Although I earned it with blood, sweat and tears literaly.

To me it's not about the Belt I could care less about that, It's about how they misinform people and rank them up and leave them dry. Some of the TKD super McDojo's around my area should be sued for misrepresentation or something like that.

But I am just speaking out of experience of the 3 TKD schools in my area and thier students. I don't claim to know all TKD students

I don't blame you, and you didn't offend me in any way. I also have never heard of someone getting a 4th Dan in less than 10 years. Even in my ATA days. You do move faster in TKD than most other MA's. That's one of the reason why traditional TKD (ITF) has master level at 7th Dan while TSD practitioners get their button at 4th dan.

You sound like you are really into your MA, dude - keep it up. But please understand that some MA's just move faster in the ranks, you don't have to like it, and I respect your view. But remember not all TKD schools are McDojo's. I still hate that term.......

I hate the term McDojo as well. On this forum, a McDojo is any MA school that someone thinks is not as good as their own, especially if they don't know much about the school.

Some MA's take longer to reach black belt because the art is more difficult to learn. Taekwondo is one of the easier MA's to learn, so of course it takes less time to earn a BB than in a more intricate art.

I have not heard of 4th degrees in less than 10 years either.

--

About the ages of Black Belts:

I myself am almost 16, and about to go for my second dan. I have been training for 8 years now, and the youngest Black belt in my Dojo was 11, and there was only one. She started when she was , and has been training hard ever since she was 4. She does very good Kata's and has a lot of focus. However, she did not get her Shodan for being Cute and little!!!, she routinely fights the adults, and sometimes wins.

< >>

"To win without fighting is best"-Sun Tzu

Hm...it seems pretty pricey, but I have heard only good things about World Oyama Karate...if you have no better options, I'd suggest checking it out.

BUT, if you're in/near San Francisco...

https://www.fairtexmuaythai.com

Fairtex is an awesome gym.

Passion transcends pain.

=p hehe I was a white belt in this system of Karateforums when I started just 3-4 days ago...IM a yellow belt already!

Karateforums is a McDojos lol

Think of it like this. 1 post = 5 days of training. 1,000 posts (Black Belt) x 5 = 5,000 = more than 13 years! :)