• advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no it seems he was an instructor - and now is teaching it within the military -but it doesnt make mentino of a military USE for it.... that was my point - just cant tell if they're using it as a hobby for off time, or actual trainnig.

• 2 weeks later...

Aikido is one of the most effective martial arts for controlling someone agressive and it is used by a lot of countries by the police and military forces

• 2 weeks later...

acctually i think aikido takes far to long to become proficient in to make it applicable to the police or military at lest this was the vibe i got from it suring my short training experience.

Fist visible Strike invisible

acctually i think aikido takes far to long to become proficient in to make it applicable to the police or military at lest this was the vibe i got from it suring my short training experience.

you can learn a lot of the basic locks and throws quickly. kotegaeshi is an easy throw/lock to learn

It doesn't too long to have a very basic understanding of some key techniques, but hopefully the person training will be a police officer for a long time and will continue to train for a long time. Besides, the idea of mirroring and not adding to the attack are definetly applicable to reducing police brutality. Isn't that worth sticking around?

O Sensei said that everyone has a defined sphere of strength and if you can get them outside that sphere then their strength will disappear. I say, EXPAND YOUR SPHERE!

but the idea in the army is to make the person a potent killer as fast as possible and lets face it aikido really is not for killing at the lower levals

Fist visible Strike invisible