• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Learning to control your internal energy flow

[edit] Should probably be in the 'Internal Arts' section [/edit]

I have just found out that having good control over my internal energy flow (chi), is an important step in my martial arts learning.

My problem is that I have a strong foundation in Western medical knowledge. I accept that Chi can be harnessed, however my western knowledge makes it difficult for me to visualise and hence control my Chi.

My instructor has shown me a series of movements to practice that will lead to control. I need help with what to think about while doing this.

Does anyone have any tips for learning to visualise your internal energy flow?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This may help a little!

Consider the lymph system in the body, and compare it to a chart of the accupuncture meridians that Eastern medicines work with, and you will find a very close comparison, then consider that the body has its own "electrical" current that runs through the body, and consider that as being the the "Chi" of which we speak. Think of the body as being a large battery, that holds this "Chi" charge, and that we are simply enhancing, increasing and storing more of this charge within us as we perform our practices or work with the internal energy flow.

I have often found that the visualisation will differ from person to person, so that is difficult one , jus go with what feels comfortable on the visual, light, smoke, a colour etc etc.

Cheers!

Without long practice one cannot suddenly understand Tai Chi : - Tai Chi Classics

Or think of the chi as river flowin through your body, chi can not be

forced somewhere it should flow

I am here to get stronger in physical, mental and ki strength.

i visualize a pulsating glow where ever i want to concentrate my chi (sorta orange) and i visualize waves of this glow traveling from all over my body to that one spot......but i aint a pro at this or anything just played with it a bit