• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

need some help in training

yellowbeltchic

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

women's fitness might be more like it. :lol:

before i started training, i was only doing yoga for fitness. while they might seem incompatible, i've found them to be really complementary. yoga stresses strength as well as flexibility and balance - if you interchange the two during the week you'll be able to explore whether you're favoring one side over the other, whether you're using a loose, comfortable fighting stance in sparring.....yoga is also a singular discipline, where you are responsible for pushing yourself, as well as showing respect for your teacher and the people around you and their varying levels of expertise.

i began training for a tournament a few months ago, so had to sacrifice the yoga for a while, but i'm looking forward to getting back to it.

if you try it, look for a very active yoga studio - otherwise you could get bored. you may need to experiment or try out classes at different places. hatha is very static and is about breathing and posture. vinyasa might be more appropriate - it's about flowing movement - there are even 'warrior' poses! :karate:

I use my chiishi once a week along with some weights I devised similar to nigari gami for gripping. I power walk 4 to 5 times a week, 2 miles each time, using 3 to 4 lb. weights that I do blocks and punches with. I switch off on these for strength and speed and so I don't get bored, doing different exercises each time. I think the main thing is mixing it up so you don't get bored so you can keep at it. And ofcourse, kata, kata, kata. :) Hope this helps.

Carl

Kata

Could you further explain how kata can be usefull in gaining speed and fitness ???????

Moon might shine upon the innocent and the guilty alike