• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

why everyone hates Taekwondo

i agree that belts can be a good thing but i see so many people with a BB in teakwondo not to mention the six year olds and i believe a BB before at lest four years is a mistake that is why taekwondo gets such a bad rap is because of the fast grading in many schools.

Fist visible Strike invisible

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually have to say that BJJ is still going strong as a practicle although there is a large chain of schools i still havent been to a BJJ school that i would consider a Mcdojo.

the billbrown school looks pretty good better than most not as good as some.

No offense but that Bill Brown school looks terrible. Can you even find what style of karate he teaches?

There are slogans like "We Build Great Kids!" and the majority of the classes are children-only classes. Also $80 testing fees for yellow belt and $109 for orange belt. It looks like a McDojo...

edit: I just added up his total costs for all of his testing fees and it's about $500 up through black belt. In his defense he does lower the testing fee as you go up in rank.

i actually have to say that BJJ is still going strong as a practicle although there is a large chain of schools i still havent been to a BJJ school that i would consider a Mcdojo.

the billbrown school looks pretty good better than most not as good as some.

No offense but that Bill Brown school looks terrible. Can you even find what style of karate he teaches?

There are slogans like "We Build Great Kids!" and the majority of the classes are children-only classes. Also $80 testing fees for yellow belt and $109 for orange belt. It looks like a McDojo...

edit: I just added up his total costs for all of his testing fees and it's about $500 up through black belt. In his defense he does lower the testing fee as you go up in rank.

So, he has a great kids program? So what? He makes a living selling MA lessons. That's an automatic McDojo? (I hate that term) He charges.....so what?

well i really dont like no contact . plus i think that what they teach is to far removed from what i want as a MA, #1, training for MMA. #2, self defence #3, spirtual development, and i just dont think they could meet those needs to my standards. nothing against the school its just they dont have what i want.

no im to young to compete in pro events (and not good enough yet) but i have been to several events that do MMA type fighting but with no elbow/knees to the head, two where pancrase tournaments in california that i won and the other was the tough man compitition in town (boxing only) that i also won. not to mention the countless taekwondo and wrestling tournaments.

actually there is no MMA place in town so i have to train numerus styles to get a decent workout. i do boxing,muay thai, and taekwondo for strikeing and judo and wrestling for grapling. although i am not able to go to a full time MMA gym i still work harder and beat most of the MMA guys from kansas city (the nearest MMA gym is there) im probably going to go to oklahoma as soon as im out of school so i can train full time because i cant think of any thing i would rather do than train MMA full time.