why everyone hates Taekwondo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually have to say that BJJ is still going strong as a practicle although there is a large chain of schools i still havent been to a BJJ school that i would consider a Mcdojo.

the billbrown school looks pretty good better than most not as good as some.

Fist visible Strike invisible

True BJJ is strong as far as black belt level but there are some schools that let some people slip through the cracks and get higher rank like a blue belt or some times purple.

Most of the Mcdojoism I see in BJJ is indviduals promoting them selves to black belt. I think in that since competion is good for BJJ, because it relies so much more on resistance "alive" training compared to TKD or other arts. Where you have to deal with factors of leverage, body weight, and person resisting you, so yo have to know your stuff to hang with your belt level.

Some people don't compete though. Thats okay though if you and your students don't compete it looks fishy to the rest of the BJJ world.

the reson that BJJ has not become a mcdojo is because it is nearly impossibe to fake skill in a grapling MA like Bjj in fact i have yet to see grapling mcdojo or a full contact mcdojo.

True BJJ is strong as far as black belt level but there are some schools that let some people slip through the cracks and get higher rank like a blue belt or some times purple.

Most of the Mcdojoism I see in BJJ is indviduals promoting them selves to black belt. I think in that since competion is good for BJJ, because it relies so much more on resistance "alive" training compared to TKD or other arts. Where you have to deal with factors of leverage, body weight, and person resisting you, so yo have to know your stuff to hang with your belt level.

Some people don't compete though. Thats okay though if you and your students don't compete it looks fishy to the rest of the BJJ world.

And I don't get that. I value the signatures on my certificates more than the belt itself. And what do they do? Sign their own certs?

i dont value a belt in general it just a piece of cloth, its the knowlage that i value.

AMITABHA

A Grand Master who I have had a 20 year relationship with tied my belt around my waist, himself. I do treasure it, but it's replaceable. The signatures on some of my certificates are not. I do think it's a piece of cloth as well, but I have a bit of pride when I see my gold stiched name on a black belt.

i see you have a legit reson to treasure your belt and please dont consider something that you teasure just a pice of cloth if it was given to you by a man you respect it is no longer just a pice of cloth and might i go so far as to say that the cloth that makes up the belt is not as valueable to you as what the belt represents, the problem i have with belts is that so few people actually treasure the knowlage that the belt represents and more offtain place more value on there being able to say "im a BB i can kick your butt" which because of mcdojos is about as true as saying "ive got a chefs hat im a gormet chef"

i see you have a legit reson to treasure your belt and please dont consider something that you teasure just a pice of cloth if it was given to you by a man you respect it is no longer just a pice of cloth and might i go so far as to say that the cloth that makes up the belt is not as valueable to you as what the belt represents, the problem i have with belts is that so few people actually treasure the knowlage that the belt represents and more offtain place more value on there being able to say "im a BB i can kick your butt" which because of mcdojos is about as true as saying "ive got a chefs hat im a gormet chef"

Roger that.