• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

why everyone hates Taekwondo

i really liked your previous post karate25 :)

i myself dont care if i ever become a fith degee BB or what ever i just want to get better at fighting. i do have to thank the big chains for providing me with tournaments and i have never been turned away at a tournament because of not being a member (except by the ATA)

i was wondering why general choy let things get out of hand so bad with the ITF from what i have read he seemed like a man who really cared about his art .

Fist visible Strike invisible

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyways, I'm still a member of a smaller localized org called the Hwa-Rang Taekwondo Federation. We get most the bennifites of the bigger org without all the hassles. But at this point with my rank I feel like a big fish in a small pond. Sometimes I wish it was the other way.

i really liked your previous post karate25 :)

i myself dont care if i ever become a fith degee BB or what ever i just want to get better at fighting. i do have to thank the big chains for providing me with tournaments and i have never been turned away at a tournament because of not being a member (except by the ATA)

i was wondering why general choy let things get out of hand so bad with the ITF from what i have read he seemed like a man who really cared about his art .

I don't know, as I said he died in North Korea. What he was there for who knows, he might have lost it at the end. I do know he was really into reunification of the Korean peninsula.

No one, even myself, will get to participate in an ATA tournemant. And my parents are ATA school owners. You've been to an ITF tourn?

yes i have been to more than one ITF tournament and even a few WTF and one ATA althougs now the local ATA people watch out for me because they dont like non ATA people representing other styles and schools.

yes i have been to more than one ITF tournament and even a few WTF and one ATA althougs now the local ATA people watch out for me because they dont like non ATA people representing other styles and schools.

Clarification, did you go to an ATA tournament to compete or watch? I've written back and forth with you for a couple weeks now and I get the immpression that you're not that bad a guy. And I hope you understand, like it or not, the ATA is a very closed org. They do not allow outsiders into the fold. Including myself to some degree. I will never be kicked out of an ATA tournament, but I will probably never be invited, and if I show up, will never be allowed compete even though I'm an official ATA 4th Degree.

what a jacked up org. People spend there money on that crap. I am sorry if I was TKD and belonged to the ATA Org they would kick me out. I can't stand others telling me I can't compete or trian in other styles. To controling for me.

i compeated at an ATA tournament i went to the registration table and asked to compeate and told them i was not ATA affiliated they got the head of the tournament and he said it was ok (a master saberzade or something i for get his name but that is close) so i got to compete but i the next tournament i went to they would not let me :(

i just dont understand why they would bar anyone from there tournaments it just doent make sence to me

glad you think im not a bad guy MasterH it seems to me we have a lot in commen with our philosiphys in the MA and i have a question what is the diffrence between hwa rang do and tea kwon do besides one is way older?

bjj has gone the same way as taekowndo. With more schools focusing on the sport aspect comapred to self defense aspects.

although still harder to get a black belt in bjj then it is in taekwondo in my opinon.