• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Two Women Beat up some morons

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010524/od/karate_dc_1.html

Karate Chops Ardor of Molesters

COLOMBO (Reuters) - Four Sri Lankan men got more than they bargained for when they tried to molest two women in a central Sri Lankan town -- only to find one of their would-be victims was a karate champion, a newspaper said on Thursday.

The men had grabbed the two women and dragged them into a bush by the road leading to the town of Matale when one of women started to fight back, said the Daily News.

It said two of the men were felled by neat blows ``where men are most vulnerable,'' while the other two bolted.

The newspaper identified the women as Dulcia Sirisena, who was recently named Grand Champion at the Open Karate Championships in India.

The four assailants were later arrested by police.

What can I say. They deserved to be hit where "men are most vulnerable" many more times. :smile:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is quite funny.

I love the expression in the face of a stupid attacker. Men always tend to underestimate women! Those idiots really deserve to get a knee or two where it hurts most. :smile:

Luckily I have never used Jiu-jitsu on anybody. People know who I am, so they don't dare touch me! :grin:

Lars Østergaard

Yes, I agree with the points. It's actually laughable how stupid some people are to try to do that in the first place.

I have never had to use actual force on someone, but after a small group of people saw me perform the simple move "Yemenushi Shihonagi" (Aikido move, please pardon spelling) on someone who was "playing around" with me, I was left alone.

:grin: 'Till next time..

-Sean Killeen

Webmaster, Web Designer/Developer, Content Engineer

InterFall Design -- http://www.InterFall.com

"Where the Internet Flows"

I posted that article on one of my other boards. Go Dulcia! I always remember my groin strikes... they'll serve me well someday. :smile:

"There is no nobility in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility is being superior to your former self."

Thom Yorke

"When a man tries to see into the distance, what does he do? He narrows his eyes."

Lady Miyako, Akira #20

So what do you guys think about the self-defense classes that some women/older people take? Should they take karate instead?

My sensei hosted a self-defense class, once a week for a month, and my mom attended. She and I practiced together, and what I found was that she was concentrating so hard on remembering the moves that she forgot the basics. Had she been attacked for real, she would have broken her arm trying to block, or hurt herself even worse. I wonder sometimes if it's possible to make people too confident by giving them training like this. If my mom were attacked, knowing her she'd try to fight the guy off (which isn't necessarily a bad thing), but she'd hurt herself in the process, perhaps worse than the attacker would have if she'd just given up her purse, or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against self-defense training, but where's the line?

"Education: The path where one travels from cocky ignorance to miserable uncertainty." --Mark Twain

Well, my belief is if you can get away, get away. Give him your purse, money can be replaced, credit cards can be stopped, life can't.

The only reason I feel you should fight is if you can't get away and if there are no people around. Because if there are people around, you should start screaming and you'll get their attention real quick and the "bad guy" won't want attention.

IMO - I think it is far better that women learn practical self-defense, rather than a structured form of martial arts. Esp. in a seminar environment. Teaching complicated strikes, blocking, and kicking will not be retained as well as awareness, eye-gouging, groin strikes, etc.

Just my two cents.

.:: Goddess ::.

[ This Message was edited by: Goddess on 2001-06-03 13:49 ]

Welcome Goddess. :smile:

I agree with you. Women should be taught small, quick moves that can temporarily disable the person so that they can get away.

it's allways nice to read stories like that. but i most agree with the other members of this forum. combat should be save for as the last resort. because in the unpredictable situation only the unpredictable can happen.

rushman (karate forums sensei)

3rd dan wtf/kukkiwon

"saying nothing...sometimes says the most"--e. dickerson