• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats more important

What is more important in traning Physical, Mental, or Spirtual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is more important in traning Physical, Mental, or Spirtual

• Physical
    • menatal

I dont follow you I guess. I can sure see hip rotation as it's happening, it's one of the many clues you can use to see what tech the other person is throwing. Plus, the hip is physically moving. And you can see breathing as well, not to metion feel its effects in yourself.

Maybe we're just defining things differently though?

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont follow you I guess. I can sure see hip rotation as it's happening, it's one of the many clues you can use to see what tech the other person is throwing. Plus, the hip is physically moving. And you can see breathing as well, not to metion feel its effects in yourself.

Maybe we're just defining things differently though?

I'd agree with the hip movement being a physical force, since there is a visible movement to it. If there is no movement and it is simply a misnamed abdominal technique, then I could see it being labeled as internal.

Same with breathing. I can sometimes tell when an attack is coming in sparring, as the person will take a deep breath right before. However, a lot of people I know breathe without really moving their chest, and tightenting the abs/diaphragm right at the time of the technique is definitely an internal type thing.

I would agree also that all three aspects combine, and without one, the other two will fall (Like a triangle.) As someone pointed out, you can punch, but without the mental thought that you need to hit it as hard as you can, and the spiritual conviction that it is necessary at that time and place, you will not have as effective a punch.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

• 2 weeks later...

None of the above, it's the total package. I know plenty of guys who have the mental/spiritual aspect of it but can't kick worth beans. And I know some great kickers who can't communicate thus lacks on the mental. It's all immportant.

• 2 weeks later...

mental- u can train for strength all u want but if you dont have polished material, you are just another punching bag.....

of course, one should train for physical, mental and spiritual prowess....

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

mental- u can train for strength all u want but if you dont have polished material, you are just another punching bag.....

I'm living in the today, and today we think before we act. So my mental state is first, physical state is second. I have a reaction time that is conditioned, mentaly. Again mental wins. I can kill someone with one punch I need to know where to hit and have the mental compacity to focus on that spot. Again mental state wins. Finally after the danger has past I legally need to know when to stop, mental win again. The mind will overcome any physical barrier, I learned this in the US Army. If you're not mentaly trained up you will eventualy loose it all.

I'm living in the today, and today we think before we act. So my mental state is first, physical state is second. I have a reaction time that is conditioned, mentaly. Again mental wins. I can kill someone with one punch I need to know where to hit and have the mental compacity to focus on that spot. Again mental state wins. Finally after the danger has past I legally need to know when to stop, mental win again. The mind will overcome any physical barrier, I learned this in the US Army. If you're not mentaly trained up you will eventualy loose it all.

couldnt have said it better myself. :)

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty