• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Whats more important

What is more important in traning Physical, Mental, or Spirtual  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is more important in traning Physical, Mental, or Spirtual

• Physical
    • menatal

Whats more important to you in traning spiritual/internal (or internal things ie breathing and hip movement) Physical, or mental asspects. I think its Spiritual, Since in SBD hip movement is key to powrer

Don't block with your face.

--Soo Bahk

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats more important to you in traning spiritual/internal (or internal things ie breathing and hip movement) Physical, or mental asspects. I think its Spiritual, Since in SBD hip movement is key to powrer

You're combining two disparate things. Breathing would be an internal type of thing, (Although it could be considered a physical), and hip movement would definitely be considered a physical aspect.

Aodhan

There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.

-Douglas Everett, American hockey player

physical is most important ot me.

Im naturall a very passive and calm person so have little need for the calming influences.... although i find the spiritual side intersting

If the mind is at ease the body will follow. Mentally if you aren't there your reaction time is slower causing the physical side to suffer. Your brain is the computer that runs the show without it, you can't function. You can have a fast race car, but with no gas in it, it is a useless machine.

To answer the question: both are intertwined with each other when practicing MA.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

Each one effects the others in a multitude of ways. To say one is more important than the other is like asking which wheel on a bike is more important. Remove one partway into your ride and you'll more than likely end up falling on your tukas before too long.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

I'd say punching, breathing and hip movement all fall under the "physical" category though. Try having an effective punch without the will to actually hit (mental). Your physical tech may be great but if the will isn't there your punch will suffer. Or you may not even throw the punch at all. What good is that?

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare