• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Upping the speed to a realistic situation.

also - try it when its not just a bespoke attack.. . try and work it into a sparring situation or something [if applicable]... maybe if you have self defense lessons specifically look at using it against an attacker who doesnt throw a specific technique.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yeah, i agree with Sam, you need to be able to adapt and improvise.

I know so many guys with really good technique in the self-defence portions of their syllabus, but really poor ability to adapt during sparring.

RICK.

RJT: 2nd Degree Black Belt Freestyle Kickboxer - 3rd Gup HapKiDoist - 6th Kyu Zen Go Shu KarateKa

Just Kick Them, They'll Understand...

-TBK

I've allready been taught the interception from a very large verity of attacks, from a step punch to a wild swinging punch. I'll just work it alot more.

And about the ball thing. Couldn't I presay throw a bouncy ball against a wall and try to keep it moving at the same speed? Essentially isn't that the same thing. I'm not signed up to a gym because in my beliefs your body is your best exercise machine so this is the closest thing I could think of.

Thanks.

:)

I'll keep drilling it.

Needing to focus...

well good luck with it.... generally if you look at training in the most realistic situation.... then after that its just practice :D